Anthropology Results 2014

Canis

Thanks Coba, I'm hoping that I'll be able to really increase my CV with my MA work. 

It's looking like this will be my track as well. So far I have 6 rejections (counting Chicago, which I am assuming I was rejected from) out of my 9 applications. I received a rejection from Oregon today, but am taking it well, and in stride.

Sorry to hear about everyone's rejections: I truly sympathize. Also, congratulations to everyone's acceptances--you guys rock!

denied admission to the PhD program at Chicago, but offered the MA in Latin American Studies at half tuition.  Im excited now!!

It will be a battle between Georgetown and Chicago, but I really want to work with a prof. at Chicago, so that will probably tilt the scale, especially if I get no FA from Georgetown.

Edited by Forsaken in LA

denied admission to the PhD program at Chicago, but offered the MA in Latin American Studies at half tuition.  Im excited now!!

It will be a battle between Georgetown and Chicago, but I really want to work with a prof. at Chicago, so that will probably tilt the scale, especially if I get no FA from Georgetown.

Yay forsaken!!!!!

Congrats. Chicago! NICE

Congratulations! That's a big deal and you should be so proud :)

CONGRATS! The Chicago MA is pretty much a golden ticket in the right hands, so that is wonderful news.

Unrelated, but heard back from my POI at Columbia and they politely said the process is ongoing and they couldn't say more than that.  In my mind that set off acceptance fantasies, but I'll take what I can get at this point.  Hope that helps anyone else waiting on Columbia!

It is really annoying that Chicago won't just send out rejections to people who already have Master's degrees and are qualified but just not "good enough" for Chicago -- if you know we're not interested in MAPSS why not just say, hey! we're just not interested in you!? leave it at that! I find it very disrespectful. I think it has a lot to do with the aura of superiority cultivated in academia. Anyway, I'm ranting. Is anyone else going to UCLA? :-)

It is really annoying that Chicago won't just send out rejections to people who already have Master's degrees and are qualified but just not "good enough" for Chicago -- if you know we're not interested in MAPSS why not just say, hey! we're just not interested in you!? leave it at that! I find it very disrespectful. I think it has a lot to do with the aura of superiority cultivated in academia. Anyway, I'm ranting. Is anyone else going to UCLA? :-)

I'm visiting UCLA! PMing you  :P

Edited by sharalaxp

Admitted to UCR with a very good funding offer!

I've now heard back from all my schools- admitted and funded to 4 of 5.

Good luck to all still waiting! Even from my end, this process seems anarchic. I have many many friends with more qualifications than I who haven't gotten in anywhere yet... I'm baffled.

Thanks!  That is actually very helpful.  There were 2 unclaimed acceptances on the results board last week, so now we know they are probably real.  oh well.

I hear you Nowaynohow... I'm just ready to at the very least  get a rejection letter so they put me out of my wondering misery!

Admitted to UCR with a very good funding offer!

I've now heard back from all my schools- admitted and funded to 4 of 5.

Good luck to all still waiting! Even from my end, this process seems anarchic. I have many many friends with more qualifications than I who haven't gotten in anywhere yet... I'm baffled.

Great news, Forsaken & Khannnn! Congratulations to both of you. :)

Hey, i have a question. So first...what does the MAPSS stand for? i see that alot of people talk about this program. I applied to the NELC program and it is the same story there. If i dont have a MA they send me there...but i already have a MA in archaeology- so does that mean i am rejected?  They cant just send everyone they reject to the MAPSS program 

Hey, i have a question. So first...what does the MAPSS stand for? i see that alot of people talk about this program. I applied to the NELC program and it is the same story there. If i dont have a MA they send me there...but i already have a MA in archaeology- so does that mean i am rejected?  They cant just send everyone they reject to the MAPSS program 

http://gradadmissions.uchicago.edu/academics_research/programs/mapss/

A while ago there was a post (I seem to remember) about NYU already notified those accepted. Yesterday there was a wave of rejections reported on the board, yet I didn't get mine (which I expected due to that post). Anybody else still on hold at NYU? Can anybody confirm that old post about NYU?

The chances are so slim, but after five rejections I dare hope that the lack of rejection letter might just mean something good...