Anthropology Results 2014

Canis

Sorry about that. Hope you hear good news soon!

Thanks :) I've got an interview next week sometime to discuss logistics of an internship in my industry overseas. If that works out (and even if it doesn't), I may get a full-time position with them next year. So I'm really not bummed if this season doesn't work out for me. I'm actually kind of more excited about living the expat life again and getting more on-the-ground experience. And I've always wanted to live in the country to which I may be moving :D

I've seen posts about the 2 schools I am waiting to hear back from.. someone was set up to interview at WUSTL.. anyone else apply there and hear back yet? And also Oregon State?  I see someone was accepted there.. can I ask with who, and how did you find out? 

Thanks! Congrats to all!!! 

Noticing the CUNY acceptances with fellowships - are you guys getting the 5 year fellowships? How much are they offering? Anyone who cares to share details, It would be really interesting to know how all the offers are comparing (In fact I think sharing details about offers empowers us to make better decisions, to negotiate more, and so on, but that's another post!)

Are any of those CUNY acceptances for Linguistic Anthropology?

I'd also really like to know how you were contacted! e.g. a form-letter acceptance email or a personal email from someone you'd spoken to there?

(In other words, is there a chance that good news is forthcoming for me :) )

Edited by anthro_fall14

Thanks, I've calmed down a bit now. The good news is several rejections have shown up in the results, and I haven't gotten one of those either.

Did you check the application website for Uconn yet? That is where my acceptance letter was.  

Did you check the application website for Uconn yet? That is where my acceptance letter was.  

Yeah, I've been checking it semi-compulsively for the past day or so, and nothing has changed. I'm hoping this means I'm at least waitlisted or they're trying to dig up funding for me or something.

Edited by resurrectionist

I'd also really like to know how you were contacted! e.g. a form-letter acceptance email or a personal email from someone you'd spoken to there?

(In other words, is there a chance that good news is forthcoming for me :) )

Yeah, same.

I actually saw someone did get accepted for ling anthro, so I just wanna know more!

Harvard rejection showed up on the website today, without any notification via email. Disappointed as I legitimately thought it was the best fit for my research interests, but it is Harvard. At least the wait is over!

Harvard rejection showed up on the website today, without any notification via email. Disappointed as I legitimately thought it was the best fit for my research interests, but it is Harvard. At least the wait is over!

Sorry magiaepasta, at least you have two really good acceptances! Still a bummer though. 

Edited by Forsaken in LA

Sorry magiaepasta, at least you have two really good acceptances! Still a bummer though. 

Thanks, Forsaken! I'm really happy with how this season has played out thus far. Congratulations to you on your acceptances, as well! as a UW alum, I'm biased, but they have amazing resources for research  ;)

Is anyone willing to claim the U of T anthro rejection? Would you please let us know (or PM me) what the rejection said, and what your application was like?

Also, it sucks that you (whoever you are) didn't get in. Good luck on the rest of your apps!