Anthropology Results 2014

Canis

It was only about 15 minutes (over Skype) and they asked some hard questions - I was super nervous the whole time. SO, I guess I would call that OK. No news on Chicago. When I spoke to my POI (a few weeks ago), they thought they would let people know within the week, but I haven't heard anything since. I haven't had any admission decisions yet (from anywhere), but luckily I've busier these past couple weeks than usual, so they've gone by pretty quick. Hope next week will be a big week for all of us still waiting to hear! Good luck to you too!

Edited by NoSleepTilBreuckelen

It makes me crazy that these programs sometimes stagger acceptances.  Every time I see an acceptance for one of my schools on the Results page, I am not sure if I should cross off the school or hold out hope.  Blech.   

Edited by gradcat

HAHAHAH so, chilling. Having a beer on a Sunday night when a professor from one of the schools I've been admitted to calls to congratulate me..... I could NOT have been less prepared for that conversation......

"I wish I had something else prepared other than that I'm excited, but mostly I'm just really excited." Actually quote from the conversation......doy!

Edited by daykid

HAHAHAH so, chilling. Having a beer on a Sunday night when a professor from one of the schools I've been admitted to calls to congratulate me..... I could NOT have been less prepared for that conversation......

"I wish I had something else prepared other than that I'm excited, but mostly I'm just really excited." Actually quote from the conversation......doy!

Was this today?! Congratulations!

Hi everyone, 

Just wondering if anyone has heard from Columbia or UCLA? Columbia seems to be a bit later than most schools but UCLA should have been around now. Anyone?  

Let’s hope for some good news this week! 

E

Hi everyone, 

Just wondering if anyone has heard from Columbia or UCLA? Columbia seems to be a bit later than most schools but UCLA should have been around now. Anyone?  

Let’s hope for some good news this week! 

E

I haven't heard anything. The first result from last year was on February 14th, so  I guess we should expect something soon. They're closed tomorrow for the holiday though  :wacko:

Aw... spoke too soon... just noticed there’s the first acceptance to UCLA on the results board. Anyone want to claim it?

Apparently those are from last week. The notifications dates are the 10th and the 14th.

I wonder who got them and for what subfield?

Edited by sarab

Apparently those are from last week. The notifications dates are the 10th and the 14th.

I wonder who got them and for what subfield?

I'll claim one of the UCLA acceptances! I'm socio-cultural. Nervously awaiting word on funding...

I'll claim one of the UCLA acceptances! I'm socio-cultural. Nervously awaiting word on funding...

Congratulations! That's really exciting. Hope you get good funding :)

Damn daykid, you're cleaning up! And congrats coba!

I've already got the acceptance I wanted but I keep obsessively checking here because I'm so invested in all your results. This week should be good! I'm really pulling for you guys!

Has anyone heard from the College of William and Mary, and is there anyone else who applied to the cultural forms program at University of Texas at Austin?

Edited by sjh91

Anyone claim this Chicago acceptance? Was it personal email or the official email?

that's meee :). hands still shaking in relief as i type. it's a mail from the department's graduate programme administrator, with a smaller message within from the department chair. here's hoping for more good news for everyone else!