Anthropology Results 2014

Canis

Got my first acceptance today!

UMass Amherst, my POI confirmed the acceptance this morning and said I should be getting formal offer/funding info soon.

That's wonderful! Congratulations!  :D

Congrats to all the recent acceptances!!! This week is already starting off with a bang :)

YAY!  I'm already out of upvotes for the day, so that's a good sign

Congratulations all!!! Goodness, I hope this means this week will be positive!!

Hooray! Thanks to everyone. Positive vibes your way - Good luck to you all! <3

I'm chiming in for the first time and am also waiting to hear (from Johns Hopkins now). It's my third application season and this one was particularly isolating--seeing these posts make me wish I'd joined in earlier. I have to say, it is heartwarming to see the support you are giving each other. Deep deep congratulations to those getting acceptances, and I hope more of us know that feeling soon. 

to Emma: This feels like my last chance too. I haven't worked outside of academia or odd independent research jobs (which will end soon) for many years and am terrified of what it will do to my spirit (psyche, will, what have you) to have to compete for entry-level positions in this climate with so little "real-world" experience on my resume and so much frustrated desire to join a graduate program. Hang in there. 

First, congratulations everyone who's gotten good news today! I'm so happy for you!

Also, for those wo are feeling down, we're here for you, and I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers. I hope you can find something to calm any anxieties you might have and hope you hear some good news soon. 

Sending everyone good vibes!

rejected from U of Arizona....and i thought i had a great chance there...

I'm sorry Daisy! Keep your head up. Hope you hear some good news soon. 

Finally got my first response - a rejection from U Arizona.  Thought I had a good shot there since my research aligns closely with the work of a POI who was quite interested/encouraging, but it seems it was not to be.