Re-applying: should I write in my statement that I'm an re-applicant?

karen1204

Hi everyone,

I'm re applying to  two programs (one is Fordham quant psych and one is Rugters ed psych with quant focus) that I was not admitted to last year. This year I am a better and more confident candidate. Last year I experienced a few setbacks during my application period that I was not able to have a full application preparation. (A natural disaster happened my neighborhood)

I'm wondering whether I should write that I am a reapplicant in my statement? Of course, if I do I will frame it professionally. But I don't know if I should write it in my statement or should I email the faculty..? Deadlines are due very soon, so any advice is helpful!

Thank you!

Hi everyone,

I'm re applying to  two programs (one is Fordham quant psych and one is Rugters ed psych with quant focus) that I was not admitted to last year. This year I am a better and more confident candidate. Last year I experienced a few setbacks during my application period that I was not able to have a full application preparation. (A natural disaster happened my neighborhood)

I'm wondering whether I should write that I am a reapplicant in my statement? Of course, if I do I will frame it professionally. But I don't know if I should write it in my statement or should I email the faculty..? Deadlines are due very soon, so any advice is helpful!

Thank you!

Okay hi!

I am a re-applicant myself to one of my top school. I contacted the advisor of the international admissions. He mentioned that while reapplying I should leave one para in my statement dedicating to what I did in order to strengthen my application. Therefore after writing everything I mentioned, " since my last application to the institute, I gained valuable insights.....contd" and then finally conclusion.

This he asked me to do was because he said that my previous file and my present file would have been compared and then any decision would have been made. Hence this one para reflects and strengthens my candidature.

I am sure luckyducky too mentions a valid point, though I think you can ask your admission counsellor by emailing them or something. I find it the best solution when in dilemma.

Good luck :)

Agree with luckyducky. In your new statement it should be implicit how your application has strengthened and improved, but I don't think one should draw explicit attention to a failed application. By implicit, I meant that the improvement will be obvious to anybody who reads both statements even without saying "Since last time...".