Acceptance Thread

bar_scene_gambler

Harvard Philosophy, PhD (F14) Accepted via E-mail on 4 Mar 2014

"Letter was kind of rude--I'm on the fence about this one" 

What? 

Lol. Accepted into Harvard, might not go because the letter was rude. 

Man I want that problem.

CONGRATS! I have some friends up there, and they love it. :)

Thanks! I remember someone else on the thread saying they had attended, and that it was grand. If anyone who's attended SASP is on the threads, please message me. I'd love to hear about your experience!

Lol. Accepted into Harvard, might not go because the letter was rude.

Man I want that problem.

It was obviously a joke/troll. The guy says he is 'on the fence' when he was supposedly rejected to every other school but accepted to Harvard.

Anyone here still waiting to hear back from Queen's University? I see some acceptances have gone out, but a lull since then.

Do you know how their process works? I have a few deadlines coming up from other places but I would REALLY like to hear back from Queen's.

thanks!

I was offered funding at CUNY but have declined the offer. Hopefully this helps somebody out! (Possibly the woman who posted on the results search the other day?)

Well congrats on the CUNY offer anyway! Does this mean you'll be turning down Arizona as well? :)

Heads' up, guys! I just got a call from Calvin Normore--UCLA is still admitting its initial batch. Apparently they just didn't call everyone at the same time. I'm hoping this is awesome news for some other people besides myself. Good luck to all. 

Heads' up, guys! I just got a call from Calvin Normore--UCLA is still admitting its initial batch. Apparently they just didn't call everyone at the same time. I'm hoping this is awesome news for some other people besides myself. Good luck to all. 

Congrats!

Congrats and also curse you for getting my hopes up again!

Congrats!

Congrats and also curse you for getting my hopes up again!

Thanks, and I'm sorry! But hey, you never know--it could just mean that you'll be getting called in a few minutes. In which case, advance warning might help you sound like less of an idiot than I did. 

Do you think a flattering love letter to Rice might help my chances? Before discovering philosophy, I aspired to be a poet. Maybe I can woo them into an acceptance. It worked on my wife...

Maybe something like:

Roses are red

Violets are blue

Funding is awesome

And so is funding

Rice's response was something like the following:

While the admissions committee disagrees as to the constitutive properties of roses and violets, we can confirm that funding is, indeed, awesome. Your application, however, was not, and so you won't receive any from us.

Ok... maybe it wasn't quite that harsh...

Congrats!

Also claiming a UChicaog rejection (at least I finally heard something...) and a Stanford rejection. Stanford and Princeton are my absolute dream schools. It was such a nice rejection, but I'll be feeling this one for quite some time.