Social Psychology UCSD, UCSB and USC

AAAAAA!!!

It's too early for freaking out. 

Pick a vice and indulge. This is one of the few times in life when doing so is totally justified.

Nothing illegal, of course...

Hey- I got a phone interview request from UCSB social psych. But, I agree with PsycD that it's too early to stress. One of my buddies didn't hear back about interviews until the 3rd week of January and got accepted into several of the top 10 psych PhD programs in the country. You just never know!

That said, I'm still obsessively checking my email every 10 minutes... :)

Thank you guys. I have applied for six programs, I know I was rejected by UCLA. I saw some people posted UCSD psychology interviews on results search today. Although they did not specify social psychology, it is pretty worrisome. 

Cross my fingers... And best luck to everyone! 

Called UCSD, said all interviews will go out by 15th, which means, they have started sending out interviews...sigh...

Thanks for sharing the info!

Hey- I got a phone interview request from UCSB social psych. But, I agree with PsycD that it's too early to stress. One of my buddies didn't hear back about interviews until the 3rd week of January and got accepted into several of the top 10 psych PhD programs in the country. You just never know!

That said, I'm still obsessively checking my email every 10 minutes... :)

Do you know when interview weekend at UCSB is?  Thanks!

Could you please tell if it will be the interview weekend, or the interview with POI, in person or via skype?

This will be a Skype interview with the POI -- Now that I think about it, I'm not so sure whether this is a pre-interview or an interview interview. But I'm an international student, so I doubt they will fly me out to sweet amreeka to do the interview weekend. But I'll be doing the Skype chat in a couple of hours -- I'll ask my POI and I will update :) 

This will be a Skype interview with the POI -- Now that I think about it, I'm not so sure whether this is a pre-interview or an interview interview. But I'm an international student, so I doubt they will fly me out to sweet amreeka to do the interview weekend. But I'll be doing the Skype chat in a couple of hours -- I'll ask my POI and I will update :)

Would be very nice of you! Maybe you could PM me your POI and where are you from? Since I'm an international too =)

Good luck with the interview!

I asked my USC poi about interview weekend and it seems like they want to wait for funding information to come out before deciding on that. At least thats what I understood -- the call was glitchy so I could only catch bits of what he said.

Edited by tingski