An interesting way to find a graduate program

armanb

Hi Dear Guys! I'm an applicant to a Phd program in Psychology. Last week I was googling to find a website which can help me and I found Gradschoolmatch.com. It's very useful and according to your GPA, GRE and TOEFL scores and your interests suggests you appropriate graduate programs. The website has also an advisor who gives you useful advices and a complete consultation. You can write to askbrian@gradschoolmatch.com and he will answer to all your questions as immediately as possible. Try them!!!

• 3 weeks later...

It's only $195 for graduate programs, not for students.  It's free for students.  But I agree it doesn't seem very useful; if departments have to pay $200 to sign up and be on the site most won't, and you'll only be able to connect with the programs who have already signed up for the money.

I don't know, I figured that part of the process of graduate school is the struggle of looking for schools, departments, supervisors, etc.

You might be missing out on something having someone else do it for you, but even worse, you are assuming they have your best interests at heart.  Given that this is a money making model, I'd be really questionable on the latter.