NSERC CGS-M Results

galaxstar

Still an alternate here. Personally I think that our chances are getting quite slim at this point.

For the majority of us, we need to hope that our schools have just not made a second round offering yet. However, we don't actually know that that has ever been a possibility. It could well be that all schools have already been contacting alternates, and we just haven't heard about them all online.

In an effort to put the whole thing to bed (for me at least), I have just e-mailed my school's grad office once again, asking for clarification. Last time (early April) they were quite vague, but I rephrased the question this time. I'm hoping they'll deliver hopeful news or else tell me that all SSHRCs have been awarded and to go away.

I will let you know what response I get. I encourage you all to e-mail the appropriate people at your schools as well. I don't think it's rude or inappropriate for us to ask these questions of the offices.

I'm still an alternate as well. I emailed the graduate department asking 1) when I should expect to know 2) where I am on the alternate list... no reply as of yet. My hope is dwindling :(

I was an alternate for 2 schools, and one changed to 'offered' yesterday. Unfortunately, it wasn't the school I was waiting on :(

Still hopeful!

Out of curiosity, has anyone had 2 offers at the same time? Wondering if maybe they only display one at a time per person...?

I was an alternate for 2 schools, and one changed to 'offered' yesterday. Unfortunately, it wasn't the school I was waiting on :(

Still hopeful!

Out of curiosity, has anyone had 2 offers at the same time? Wondering if maybe they only display one at a time per person...?

Out of curiosity, were you on alternate on other schools you applied to?

Still hopeful!

I was "offered" the nserc at 3 schools at the same time on the first day so each school will display their offers independent of each other

Out of curiosity, were you on alternate on other schools you applied to?

I was an alternate for 2 schools, rejected for 2, and offered at 1. 

I was "offered" the nserc at 3 schools at the same time on the first day so each school will display their offers independent of each other

That's what I thought. Thanks!

Hi again,

I talked with the scholarships officer at my school just now. I still get the feeling that even they are not sure how everything works, but from what I was able to tell:

1) Waitlisted people receive notice automatically via the system as soon as a spot opens up. This makes sense given what we've seen so far. There's no fixed alternate announcement date, at least at my school.

2) Waitlisted people who are offered the award also have 3 weeks to accept/decline.

So there you go. That does mean that all of us still waiting now are waiting for the second rounders to decline spots, which could happen any time between now and May 13. And the wait will go on even longer for some of us. She was unable to comment on if our statuses would ever change to "not offered".

Sorry for the bad news guys.

Hi again,

I talked with the scholarships officer at my school just now. I still get the feeling that even they are not sure how everything works, but from what I was able to tell:

1) Waitlisted people receive notice automatically via the system as soon as a spot opens up. This makes sense given what we've seen so far. There's no fixed alternate announcement date, at least at my school.

2) Waitlisted people who are offered the award also have 3 weeks to accept/decline.

So there you go. That does mean that all of us still waiting now are waiting for the second rounders to decline spots, which could happen any time between now and May 13. And the wait will go on even longer for some of us. She was unable to comment on if our statuses would ever change to "not offered".

Sorry for the bad news guys.

Why May 13...?

Why May 13...?

Second offers went out at any point between Apr. 1 - 22, so those recipients have three weeks from receiving them (i.e. May 13 at the very latest) to accept/decline.

That said, it's conceivable that some have already received third round offers at this point. And obviously with each subsequent round, the chances get smaller.

With the odds as slim as they are, and knowing that there's no real deadline to look ahead to, I'm going to just sit back and forget about this. Maybe I'll get a surprise e-mail at some point, but I think I'm done theorizing and hoping. Best of luck to all those still waiting - let us know if you hit the jackpot!

• 3 weeks later...

Second offers went out at any point between Apr. 1 - 22, so those recipients have three weeks from receiving them (i.e. May 13 at the very latest) to accept/decline.

That said, it's conceivable that some have already received third round offers at this point. And obviously with each subsequent round, the chances get smaller.

With the odds as slim as they are, and knowing that there's no real deadline to look ahead to, I'm going to just sit back and forget about this. Maybe I'll get a surprise e-mail at some point, but I think I'm done theorizing and hoping. Best of luck to all those still waiting - let us know if you hit the jackpot!

LOl I am still on waitlist...

• 1 month later...

Why do you want to know...? (okay, I am lol, but I am kinda surprised they haven't boot me out yet.)

Ha! I'm so impatient. Trying to understand how people haven't made decisions yet...?

• 3 weeks later...

For anyone still on the alternate list, I was advised to contact the university scholarship department and find out if all of their awards have been allocated. In my case, they've already contacted everyone that was offered and have just not changed the status in the portal. This was very helpful for me, so I suggest if you're wondering about your status, contact the university directly. Hope this helps!