Wenner Gren 2014

Nrrrdgrrrl

• 2 weeks later...

I got the SSRC rejection in the mail a couple days ago. 

Still waiting to hear on the Wenner-Gren. Last year I applied for the May 1 deadline and was notified by e-mail that I had advanced to round 2 on August 1. I found out around Oct 10 that my application was rejected, but the feedback was really helpful so I revised and resubmitted for the November 1 deadline. Hoping for a better result this time around. Good luck to everyone!

According to sent notifications on February 15th two years ago. I guess notifications will be send out sometime this week and hopefully we will receive positive ones or not receive anything at all which will be a good sign...

Edited by moraurora

On the one hand, of course want to advance to round 2, on the other hand, if I don't advance I won't have to wait until April for a deifnite answer!!
I'll just do my best not to think about it until we hear.

Incidentally, anyone have any experience with the Lewis and Clark?

On the one hand, of course want to advance to round 2, on the other hand, if I don't advance I won't have to wait until April for a deifnite answer!!

I'll just do my best not to think about it until we hear.

Incidentally, anyone have any experience with the Lewis and Clark?

I applied for the Lewis and Clark. Total shot in the dark, but the app didn't require much more effort given everything I've had to do for all my other applications. Do you know anything about when we hear from them? 

L&C notifications went out via email at the end of May last year. Applicants got a yes, no, or waiting list. I got put on the waiting list, and then heard that I received the award at the end of July. 

Congrats on the good news last cycle! I'm just bummed to hear that it takes that long to get a response.

I applied as well, since as you said Cicero it wasn't much extra work. Yeah bummer that it's such a long time till we hear. I will be on my way to the field already at that point!

Tomorrow it was. Just got the rejection email - didn't make the first round cut. The main point of the reviewer comments was that I wasn't detailed enough in my methods and study population, which makes sense. But it also says I used only half the space in the application, which I did not realize I had done. In fact I thought my essays filled the entire space on the application form?

Congrats to anyone who did make the cut!