Wenner Gren 2014

Nrrrdgrrrl

Well, if we're going to nerd out over it, I would like to offer the Bene Gesserit litany against fear:

I must not fear.
Fear is the mind-killer.
Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.
I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.
Where the fear has gone there will be nothing.
Only I will remain.

seriously... is it possible they wont tell us today?

Technically, according to the website and round 2 letters, we could hear as late as mid-June.  Although they generally have gotten results back before the next deadline, they leave themselves plenty of room for that to NOT happen.

I'm praying this isn't one of those times...

You could create a new, anonymous email account to email them from, but I'm not sure if they'd respond to that. 

I doubt it.  I wonder if they have any idea what they put us through...

I'm beginning to feel like this is an unhealthy relationship.  But, you know, all of this agony will be forgotten in a second when people start getting money!

I am feeling strongly ambivalent about this one. I both want to know and don't want to know whether I got it. It's like, until I get the e-mail, the Wenner-Gren is both alive and dead to me. I have Schrodinger's anxiety. 

ok this might a little bit paranoid, but i just re-read that first round notification letter (february 14th). it says that they would be in touch with us in three to four months. i havent paid attention to this before, thinking that they would let us know anyways in two months. but if they mean what they wrote, then we won't be hearing back before may 15th. is this what they usually say in first-round letters? any ideas?

ok this might a little bit paranoid, but i just re-read that first round notification letter (february 14th). it says that they would be in touch with us in three to four months. i havent paid attention to this before, thinking that they would let us know anyways in two months. but if they mean what they wrote, then we won't be hearing back before may 15th. is this what they usually say in first-round letters? any ideas?

I don't know about what they said last time, but last year they announced first round February 7, and second round April 8. Following that model, we could find out today...

For what it's worth, I applied for the May 1 2013 deadline, got notified that I'd passed the first round on August 1, and got the rejection e-mail on Oct 10.

It is a little paranoid, but it is technically possible.  However, in the past, final notifications are out before the next deadline...hopefully they stick to that pattern!