Is there anything to do after the application has been submitted?

phil413

Friends, forum,

Just wondering whether there is anything at all for the applicant to do after the "submit" button has been hit -- implicit things, perhaps, like  "this would be a good time to reach out to professors again" that would be good to do during this time (i.e. to increase our chances of getting into the program of our dreams!)?

Some things I can potentially think of, but haven't acted on yet, are:

- Sending thank you letters to your recommenders?

- Reaching out to faculty to declare your interest (I applied to a MA program so I did not establish initial contact)?

- Following up with Admissions Offices?

- None of the above because it would just emphasize my desperation / be a nuisance?

What do you guys think?

Friends, forum,

Just wondering whether there is anything at all for the applicant to do after the "submit" button has been hit -- implicit things, perhaps, like  "this would be a good time to reach out to professors again" that would be good to do during this time (i.e. to increase our chances of getting into the program of our dreams!)?

Some things I can potentially think of, but haven't acted on yet, are:

- Sending thank you letters to your recommenders?

- Reaching out to faculty to declare your interest (I applied to a MA program so I did not establish initial contact)?

- Following up with Admissions Offices?

- None of the above because it would just emphasize my desperation / be a nuisance?

What do you guys think?

Good question, as it is also my question. Any ideas?

For some schools, I had to call to the graduate programs since part of my application materials shown on their website as missing. Call the Graduate coordinators, these are the very persons who can help. For Prof.s I have no idea. I am a PhD applicant, I have tried to email many Prof.s before my application (600+) but most of the times , no response. So, after submitting my application, I tried to call them directly. When they see that i make such a long- distance call, they are nice to answer. This definitely worked for me. 

Well I thanked my profs profusely for writing my LORs. Though I do check my application follow up page every once in a while to see if there is any message from the admission committee regarding a document or anything. Apart from anxiously waiting, I don't think you can do anything else. Either way, Good Luck :)!

I sent an email to my recommender and I think I'll give them a small gift. Also, I had talked to some professors, so after I applied, I sent them an email to let them know. They were very friendly. 

Now, I think the only thing we can do is press F5 on our emails and wait...