Penn GSE MsEd

phil413

It's killing me cause I haven't heard back either!!! Refreshing my email everyday since early December.

I've only gotten an email saying all my docs were received. No telling if its under faculty review yet.

tdix, when did you apply / how long has it been? I only submitted my app in early Jan so I'm definitely not complaining...just wondering how long it should take!

what did you apply for :)?

Higher Education. I submitted my app on 12/17. Like, put me out of my misery already!

I submitted in December (12/26) and haven't even received an e-mail saying my documents have been received! I have been checking the website neurotically -- too bad that doesn't make the process any smoother!

You have to consider the university would have been on break until after NYE. But also, I received my 'documents received" email until 1/16, and I applied on 12/17. So... give it another week or so before you truly freak like me. :)

I was accepted last week to the higher ed program. I just got an email saying my status was updated and could be viewed and there was a letter of acceptance when I logged in. 

I was accepted last week to the higher ed program. I just got an email saying my status was updated and could be viewed and there was a letter of acceptance when I logged in. 

Congratulations, Meghangg!!!!!! That's very exciting! Will you be attending?!

How long ago did you submit?

Congratulations, Meghangg!!!!!! That's very exciting! Will you be attending?!

How long ago did you submit?

I'm not sure yet.

I submitted my application November 19th

I submitted mine in November and received my acceptance letter Mid-December.

Best of luck to everyone! Penn was definitely a reach school - keep your fingers crossed!

I submitted mine in November and received my acceptance letter Mid-December.

Best of luck to everyone! Penn was definitely a reach school - keep your fingers crossed!

Congrats to you :)! Thanks for the intel also!

Now I'm really concerned! When you log into the Penn application site, the only way I see my status is when I log out and the front page says "application status 2 - in progress"

Is there somewhere else to check the status?

Now I'm really concerned! When you log into the Penn application site, the only way I see my status is when I log out and the front page says "application status 2 - in progress"

Is there somewhere else to check the status?

If anyone is interested PGSE's Admissions Blog gives an explanation for this:

When you log out of checking the status of the application on the log out page there is another line saying application 2 in progress. Is that indicating that my application is being looked at by someone in the admissions office?

Application 2 was a system we previously used to allow you to apply to a 2nd program (like the applicant in our first question). However, that system is no longer in use, and you are most likely seeing that message in error (just focus on the . Our office will send you an email to update you on the status of your application every time materials are received for you. Once you receive the email that says your application is complete, you know that it has then been sent to the faculty from the program to which you applied for an admissions decision.

there was a separate link underneath where it said I was submitted that said view status or something like that

The closest thing I see is "Check your Application" on the bottom left, which takes me to:

Congratulations, tdix09! All required questions have been completed and your Application has been successfully submitted.

What. Am. I. Supposed. To. Do. With. This?

Also, freaking out because I can't remember if I uploaded my statement of purpose in PDF when the site very CLEARLY says not to. Dammit Penn, throw me a bone!

I applied to a different program (M.S. SMART) but since it's in the GSE and also has rolling admissions I'll add my two cents: I applied a little before Thanksgiving, got an email on December 4 that said my application was being sent for faculty review, and I received an email January 8 saying a decision had been made (had to log in, acceptance letter link on the bottom).  The acceptance letter was actually dated January 7, I spent a whole day not knowing I had gotten in! :wacko:

I applied to IEDP on 12/15 (all of my materials were in well before then, just procrastinating on pressing submit). I was told the wait was a month, so a month rolls by and I get an update saying the application was complete. I emailed them about this and they said that means it was sent to faculty for review and I can expect to wait about month. Fantastic. That puts me at about 2 weeks. Of course I still check every day (not disclosing how many times a day...).

• 3 weeks later...

Just checked the web portal (still no e-mail) and very pleased to see I was accpeted! No funding in letter but does anyone know if assistanships are avialble? I was admitted to the Higher Ed program.

Congrats MTU08! I was just accepted, too! Maybe they released them in a batch? Anyway, I got funding info in mine, including an assistantship, but hopefully that doesn't mean you're out of the running. 

Just checked the web portal (still no e-mail) and very pleased to see I was accpeted! No funding in letter but does anyone know if assistanships are avialble? I was admitted to the Higher Ed program.

It says on the website that assistantships are done separately for Higher Ed. I got an email yesterday about the interview dates. 

I got my acceptance via web portal Friday night!

I WAS fortunate to receive funding. @MTU08: I received an email earlier today with more information about their Admitted Masters weekend (3/28-4/1) but still no descriptors on assistantships.