How will you celebrate? Mourn?

Hopephily

I will probably celebrate by going out for a nice dinner and a few drinks with friends. (Maybe more than a few, who knows.)

If I get shut out, I'm sure it will feel horribly disappointing. However, I hope I'll try moving on as quickly as I can and start working out my alternative plans.

Jesus Christ we're a bunch of alcoholics.

In all honesty though, if I get in somewhere, I'll drink myself into a happy stupor. If I'm shut out, I'll drink myself into a deep coma, one deep enough to propel me into a time where I have a better chance of getting in. It'll be like deep-space hibernation, except with alcohol.

Edited by bar_scene_gambler

Jesus Christ we're a bunch of alcoholics.

In all honesty though, if I get in somewhere, I'll drink myself into a happy stupor. If I'm shut out, I'll drink myself into a deep coma, one deep enough to propel me into a time where I have a better chance of getting in. It'll be like deep-space hibernation, except with alcohol.

I know a few people already in grad programs, and they admit that most of their fellow students and them are high-functioning alcoholics.

Inform my letter-writers and some friends from my MA program. 

I really dig your practical response. 

And, I must say, drinking actually was not the first thing that came to mind. The answers were much simpler: shout with joy, and weep bitterly, respectively. After reading this thread, though, drinking has become solidified in mind as the obvious, and surely most effective, response.  

Celebrate: hug all my teachers and take everyone out to dinner that did anything that made my application look good

Mourn(ish): go to Vegas and try to make something to pay off my student loans OR become a homeless gypsy (maybe)

I believe it was one Peter Griffin who said, "It is the right of men to drink not because we want to, but because we need to!" Certainly this seems to hold true anecdotally.