Fulbright 2015-2016

Oliebollen

Hi everyone!

Longtime lurker and first time poster. I recently found out I was selected to do research in the Philippines; are there any other Fulbright Philippines out there? Would love to reach out!

Congrats to everyone that received (P) and best of luck to those of you still waiting!

I have decided to accept the USTA instead of the Germany ETA. Do I need to notify Fulbright? I am confused...

Where are you placed?

Should we all make a Facebook group for 2015 - 2016 USTAs?

(prophetic?) dream last night about malaysia notifications... i get so happy for other country notifications i'm starting to have wish-fulfillment dreams about them. come on fulbright, let's squeeze out some more results to get this week going!

Here's hoping that was a vision. This waiting is so awful!

IIE ought to put a warning label on the application so people understand the risks.

Warning: Applying for a Fulbright grant may cause the following side-effects: sweating, sleepless nights, panic attacks, heart explosion. Be advised IIE takes no responsibility for any anxiety related trauma applicants experience while we weed you all out. 

Anybody else out there an alternate? Any new information yet? I was told there might be some new info for alternates in April... :wacko:

alt. for greece..... i've decided to pay more attention to my thesis, it's worked out for now........ 

what type of information?

Hi all. I've been reading this thread obsessively for a few weeks now, decided to finally register an account + add info to spreadsheet. Research applicant to Taiwan here. Good luck everybody... I think (hope?) we'll hear something this week.......

I created my own thread on this forum to ask a fulbright related question but no one has responded, so I'll ask it in this thread.  I was wondering who to go to for one of my references for the Fulbright-Hays fellowship.  Note that this is somewhat different from the normal Fulbright fellowship.  Is it important for the reference to know about your past research experience abroad, or is it more important for them to be able to speak to the merits of your current research project?  Apparently there is a form that they fill out and specific questions that they answer, so it's not just a standard reference letter that they write.  But I have not seen this form so I don't know what they're asked.

Hi everyone! Nepal heard today at 12:30 pm! I'm a principal for research! :)

Really?? I haven't heard from Nepal yet! I wonder what that means. Congratulations!! 

Would you be able to tell me the dates of the orientation in DC and in Kathmandu? Did they send that to you yet? 

Edited by aakashi

Really?? I haven't heard from Nepal yet! I wonder what that means. Congratulations!! 

Would you be able to tell me the dates of the orientation in DC and in Kathmandu? Did they send that to you yet? 

Sometimes certain grants take a while. I still haven't heard back from UK, even though everybody else heard back a week ago. So we just have to be patient .... Good luck!

(prophetic?) dream last night about malaysia notifications... i get so happy for other country notifications i'm starting to have wish-fulfillment dreams about them. come on fulbright, let's squeeze out some more results to get this week going!

DEAR GOD PLEASE MAKE THIS BE TRUE. PLEASE. 

It says June 18th! Have you heard yet? That is weird-- my university saw the email even before I did, and even mentioned something about my interview, so they might know something about your status (hopefully!!) maybe try to email them? keep us updated! Edited by GCF999

It says June 18th! Have you heard yet? That is weird-- my university saw the email even before I did, and even mentioned something about my interview, so they might know something about your status (hopefully!!) maybe try to email them? keep us updated!

No I still haven't heard anything! I've been checking my email all day. Has anyone else who applied to Nepal found out yet? 

Thanks! June 18th is the date for DC right? When do you have to be in Nepal by? I'm trying to figure out summer plans, if I end up getting the Fulbright. 

I created my own thread on this forum to ask a fulbright related question but no one has responded, so I'll ask it in this thread.  I was wondering who to go to for one of my references for the Fulbright-Hays fellowship.  Note that this is somewhat different from the normal Fulbright fellowship.  Is it important for the reference to know about your past research experience abroad, or is it more important for them to be able to speak to the merits of your current research project?  Apparently there is a form that they fill out and specific questions that they answer, so it's not just a standard reference letter that they write.  But I have not seen this form so I don't know what they're asked.

I think I can answer this question--I will respond in your other thread.

alt. for greece..... i've decided to pay more attention to my thesis, it's worked out for now........ 

what type of information?

The program officer said that there might be additional fund coming in mid-April, which would allow them to accept some people off the alternate list...(!)