Fulbright 2015-2016

Oliebollen

I didn't get the email.  Uh oh. :/ Maybe it depends on your region? I'm South/Central Asia. What region are you guys in?

We're both applicants to Jordan.

Our orientation dates are also earlier than everyone else's, so that could be why they sent them out now. 

Edited by jadesg1

I wish our dates were earlier. If I get the Fulbright, I might have to decline a CLS scholarship, because of the mandatory pre-departure orientation!

Our email states: "Grantees who fail to attend the orientation and/or workshop without explicit exemption from the Department of State, or who fail to participate fully in all of the required sessions will have their grants withdrawn."

Because the CLS program is a Dept. of State thing it might qualify for the exemption bit honestly, if anything could. Worth a shot to inquire, at least. 

Did any of you just receive an email from Fulbright about saving the date for pre-departure orientation? I'm sure they send them out to all recommended applicants, but I figured it was worth checking on.

Also, so not cool for Fulbright to be sending out emails at this point that aren't decisions (do they want me to die an early death?)

What is this pre - departure email? Now I'm absolutely freaking out. What region/country?

Edited: I'm South/Central Asia too...

Also I'm not sure if this means anything in either direction, but I was a finalist for a Jordan ETA last year and I just searched my email... I'm like 85% sure I didn't get a "save the date" last year... Does this bode well? Will we receive notifications at 9pm EST again? Who know. CONSPIRACIES. 

Hi everyone!

I'm a Fulbright finalist for South Africa's ETA program and I found this forum just in time to give me even more anxiety about the waiting process! Yay! Lol. I think this is a neat community, and so I just wanted to introduce myself, see if there are any other SA ETA applicants out there, and of course congratulate those who have been accepted!  :)

P.S. - I'm pretty sure I check my inbox, sent mail, spam box, trash, etc. at least 39,000 times a day and it is becoming a slight problem lol. Anybody else?

Oh god, I didn't get one of those Save the Dates. Applying for Eastern Europe. Fulbright, why would you do this?

No worries, looks like none of the "post Soviet" areas got that email. (Waiting on Moldova)

On another note, I think I have an addiction to checking my email and this forum....*hits refresh*

I thought today would be the day....but it wasn't. T_T How much longer must we endure this torture? x__x

I feel you... every day I wake up thinking, "Maybe today's the day!!!!!!!" and then go to bed disappointed. sighhhhh

My friends are probably all tired of me freaking out about it at this point haha

I received a save-the-date pre-departure orientation email today but no grant notification yet:

"You were recently notified that you have been recommended for further consideration for a Fulbright Student Award. In the event that you are selected as a grantee, you will be required to attend a mandatory Pre-Departure Orientation (PDO) in Washington, D.C.

The Fulbright Pre-Departure Orientation for grantees to the Middle East and North Africa will be held from June 12-14, 2015. Please keep these dates free in order to attend this important event which is a critical component of your grant, should you be selected. Please note that attendance at the PDO is mandatory. Selected candidates who fail to attend the orientation without explicit exemption from the Department of State, or who fail to participate fully in all of the required sessions will have their grants withdrawn.

The Fulbright Pre-Departure Orientation will equip Fulbright grantees with vital and practical information on health and safety abroad, Fulbright grant administration, as well as cultural and country-specific details to assist in the successful implementation of their Fulbright project. It will also provide an opportunity for Fulbrighters to build relationships with their colleagues and peers as well as meet with staff from the Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs at the U.S. Department of State, the Council for the International Exchange of Scholars (CIES), the Institute of International Education (IIE), and in some cases, Fulbright Commissions and U.S. Embassy staff.

Selected candidates will receive an official invitation and registration instructions later this spring. The costs associated with travel and accommodations for the length of the orientation will be covered by the U.S. Department of State. We look forward to welcoming selected candidates to the Pre-Departure Orientation in June 2015."

Such a tease.

ok. april 3rd. yeah. i'm really feeling it. today is gonna be some epic notificationarying!

btwz do u think the fulbright people read this forum and just laugh and laugh at our wait-induced agony?

I am feeling the same thing about today. But then again, I felt good about yesderday, and Wednesday, and Tuesday and... man we've been waiting a long time.

Hahahah. Lolz if they did. The would definitely laugh at how we've all gathered here in our mutual suffering.

Hi all! I, too, received an e-mail today indicating that there is a Pre-Departure Orientation/ETA Workshop for Sub-Saharan Africa folks from June 26-30, 2015. Sadly, no word yet on acceptance as a grantee yet. So the waiting game continues...

This may have been asked/answered before (sorry), but in a quick scan of recent pages I didn't see it right off:

For grantees from countries with their own Fulbright commission, how long after the initial e-mail did it take for you to get specific details, grant terms & conditions, etc.? Did these come by e-mail or regular post?

Eurasia for research is July 29-31! :)

And yes it does include links for all the orientations.

Here's the website itself: http://us.fulbrightonline.org/resources-for-pre-grantees-2015-2016

If it doesn't work for any reason just let me know and I'd be happy to give out dates!

Hi folks, first time poster here.  Too nervous to keep my mouth shut!  I hope we all get accepted...

This helps tremendously, nsnotable.  Thanks so much!!  I planned on going on a summer program in NY July 11-31, but *if* I receive the Fulbright, I won't be able to overlap both. (Study/Research in Europe meets July 29-31... I wish it was 8-10th, lol).

My NY summer program's deadline is this Friday... Could we please get results within this week?!

So I applied to my NY summer program at the last minute, and just received an offer of 40% off on the tuition.  Huzzah!

Hope everything works out anyway :)