How are the USU online courses for ComD?

I've taken phonetics and am currently taking anatomy.  Both classes are excellent.  Phonetics is somewhat of an "easy A" since the exams are open book.  However, I still have a thorough understanding of the phonetic alphabet.  Anatomy is somewhat more challenging.  The lectures are very clear and easy to follow, but (as you'd expect) there is a lot of memorization involved.  Tests for anatomy are proctored.

Does the USU online program have the ASHA requirements for Statistics, Physics and Biology? for full (1) credits?

I'm not sure.  My ASHA requirements are complete from my previous undergrad.  Sorry I couldn't be of more help! :(

This is my 3rd semester taking online classes at USU and I think they offer great classes. Phonetics was an interesting class since it was my first class in the speech world. I made an A in this class, however, I have found that online classes are not for me. I felt this to be especially true for phonetics. It was hard to ask questions about a symbol and how it sounds ONLINE. Other than that it was okay. Anatomy was great! I'm taking Audiology right now and it's okay so far too. All in all, USU offers great classes. Hope this was somewhat helpful  :wacko:

This is my 3rd semester taking online classes at USU and I think they offer great classes. Phonetics was an interesting class since it was my first class in the speech world. I made an A in this class, however, I have found that online classes are not for me. I felt this to be especially true for phonetics. It was hard to ask questions about a symbol and how it sounds ONLINE. Other than that it was okay. Anatomy was great! I'm taking Audiology right now and it's okay so far too. All in all, USU offers great classes. Hope this was somewhat helpful  :wacko:

It does, thanks! How much was the tuition for the anatomy course? And was your college able to transfer the credits you earned at USU? Also do you know if they offer anything for the Physical science requirement?

I've taken phonetics and am currently taking anatomy.  Both classes are excellent.  Phonetics is somewhat of an "easy A" since the exams are open book.  However, I still have a thorough understanding of the phonetic alphabet.  Anatomy is somewhat more challenging.  The lectures are very clear and easy to follow, but (as you'd expect) there is a lot of memorization involved.  Tests for anatomy are proctored.

Sayjo would it be possible for you to send me the syllabus or post the link to it? I just want to see the topics covered.

Sayjo would it be possible for you to send me the syllabus or post the link to it? I just want to see the topics covered.

Hi marshmelos,

Go here.  If you scroll down, there will be a list of all online COMD courses USU offers and links to the syllabi. Hope that helps!

Umm, I think it coast around $800 per class (3 credits). I'm taking online chemistry, since I didn't take it in my undergrad. I emailed and ask many of my grad schools if they accept the credits from USU. Most said it shouldn't be a problem. I will see if I get into any grad schools this may. If they are not accepted, I will be soooooo mad, bc I took a whole yr off from teaching and spent around $10,000 for all these classes.

• 2 weeks later...