Case Western Reserved U MSW application

zxhocean

Hey, guys, I am starting a thread only for CWRU MSW program. 
What do you think this program?
There are so many rumor about its location, Cleveland,  and economy(uncertain thrive?),  do you have any previous thought?
To begin with, I need your generous assistance in preparing package:
1: I am interested in drug related issue, however I am not sure placement after MSW, do you have any inside thought  to be clarified?
2: I plan to focus on macro practice, so I am struggling MSW or MPP/MPA, MSSA seem to be someone between both, what do you think?
3: I need your help on my personal statement, because I am a terrible story teller and bad in English, any one help me? 

I actually just got my acceptance to Case :) as far as the area from what I have heard the actual campus is nice but off the campus isn't. There are decent places in Cleveland and if I choose to attend I will be commuting from home (45 mins away). As far as the economy out there I honestly can't speak to that because I have no idea. I applied to the direct practice area or micro but I thought there was a substance abuse specification? I'm sorry I don't have all the answers but good luck and it can't read you personal statement if you need.

congrats, Corrutpted. I suppose you are instate,Ohio?? There some amazing museums and art centers nearby campus from internet research, but some one say Cleveland still trap in recession and maybe some one have inside substantial feeling.     

I actually applied in 2011 and got some scholarship but no enough for me, so I continue to work and try to find out what I can do best.

I plan to reapply however the school have no my profile any more. Abuse concentration sound reasonable for me, but I am not sure its future. I am little confused of your words " it can't read you personal statement if you need.

Sorry I meant to say I can read it if you want, sorry I was typing on my phone. I think in a big city you shouldn't have a hard time finding work that focuses on substance abuse and even if you didn't stay in cleveland there are tons of places that would need that specialty. Good luck:)

• 1 month later...

I got accepted to Case and originally from Cleveland. I actually grew up about 1 mile from the campus. So I can give anyone VERY detailed information about Cleveland neighborhoods, economy and weather. I am more than happy to answer any questions.

I just got accepted yesterday and my hometown is in the Cleveland area too. I still want to weigh all possible options though.

The funding seems pretty generous, but not sure how it compares with other MSW programs and what/if other schools will offer.