Interview Thread!

bathingintheneon

Under what circumstance do you all think it's okay to refuse a Skype interview and push for a phone interview? Does that show any red flags? Particularly if there is no on-campus visit? 

I think it would be okay to ask for a phone/Skype interview if there's no opportunity to speak to grad students, no campus tour, etc. and you'd have to travel very far to make it (i.e. a long plane ride). Basically, if it's not an all day interview process and it would take you four times as long to get there as it would to actually interview I would ask

It seems to me they do everything on a rolling basis. I saw two people post acceptances then two more people post interviews so I guess they just process everyone as they come in?

Yes, they do seem to do it on a rolling basis, although no one has been accepted to the Ph.D. program yet.  I think that was probably the PsyD and they seemed to be doing interviews for those a bit earlier and are still doing them!  I just want to know if they weeded anyone out for the interviews.  I can't find much information on their website in terms of admissions info.  

Yeah I wish they gave more info! I just want to be sure if I should just rule them out :(

Same.  Do you happen to know if I am just missing something on their website?  I thought they were required to put internship match rate by year and average GRE and GPA by year of application.  I can't find any of this info.

I know! I think I've gone through every link on their website and I can't find the info anywhere! All it says is that for the PsyD the average score is 1150 I believe... But that's it

Yeah that is exactly what I am finding too!  Although I think that is the minimum score.  Ug!  Hopefully it is not as many as I think, but I literally feel like they could have interviewed something like 80-90 Ph.D. people….yikes!