University of Michigan??

screencheck

I just had my interview. I honestly don't know how it went as it was quite short (20 minutes ish) but we had a lot of common interests with my POI, so....we'll see!

thats awesome!Ā 

Congrads! I applied Umich sociology not anthropo, but I wonder your scores? :)

My scores? I think they are pretty average. I took the GREs back in 2009. They were a 710 verbal and a 680 Quantitative. 4.5 Writing. I don't know what that means for todays GREs

Nothing really from them on my end except that they were missing a couple things. I'm not expecting admission since it's kind of a long shot but also one of the only unis with a Center for my area

All I was told was that my POI and another professor were interviewing finalists. It seems like they were doing us back to back. I don't know if other POIs were handling it differently.

All I was told was that my POI and another professor were interviewing finalists. It seems like they were doing us back to back. I don't know if other POIs were handling it differently.

Ā 

That's disappointing to hear. *BIG sigh*

It seems like only the linguistic anth people were contacted then? Im still holding out hope..I think if I can score outside funding, it might secure me a spot.

interesting. maybe we have a shot after all.Ā 

how do plan on getting external funding? I applied for the NSFGRFP, but seeing as how I have not heard back it seems as if I did not get it haha.Ā