Weekend Admit/Rejection Responses?

MedievalMadness

I've been following the results page over the last week and keep seeing people posting responses that were received by email or phone call on the weekend (seemingly both Saturday and Sunday). Is this actually the case? Or are people posting the responses they received earlier in the week?

I guess the long and short of this question is this, is it possible to hear back from a school on a Saturday or Sunday by phone or email? It hadn't occurred to me that they might work weekends.

Yes, I see that some people are indicating in the 'Decision & Date' field that they received the decision earlier in the week, but some are listing it as today or yesterday. I'm not sure whether the website automatically fills in the date for you, as I have not had any results to post yet.

I haven't heard anything from any of my schools and it's completely nerve-wracking!

I know when you submit a result you can say the date you received this information (it does not automatically fill in the date you are adding) although it will have the date auto-filled that you posted the results in a separate category.  I have heard of people hearing from faculty specifically on the weekends however I have received all my e-mails/phone calls during the week (typically towards the end of the week).  I think I received one rejection on a Saturday or Sunday via an e-mail actually.  It could happen anytime it seems but likely will be during the week.

I've gotten two notifications after 5PM Friday (email & phone call) and a Saturday phone call. Nothing on Sunday though. Maybe it's more likely to get a "personal" phone call/email on the weekend/after hours. My weekday correspondences have been more form-like. Shrug.

My interviews were on weekdays but actually my notifications have been weekends. One call and one email both on Sundays, with the emails about recruit days on Friday evening and Saturday morning. I've been surprised. But maybe it's easy so easy to send emails now anyway. Or maybe they know we are all clutching our seats and wouldn't really mind hearing on weekends! :)