Admissions Decision Via Post

Porshyen

One of the schools I applied to says that it will only release admissions decision via postal mail and it is unable to release this information by phone or email. I am currently living abroad. Do you think it would be inappropriate to ask if there are any exceptions?  My parents are receiving my mail, so it is not the worst thing, but I would rather find out this information first.

Edited by Porshyen

One of the schools I applied to says that it will only release admissions decision via postal mail and it is unable to release this information by phone or email. I am currently living abroad. Do you think it would be inappropriate to ask if there are any exception?  My parents are receiving my mail, so it is not the worst thing, but I would rather find out this information first.

I think it's fair to ask. If I were in your shoes, I'd definitely try.  :)

Okay, so I asked, but I have heard nothing in return. The thing is, I asked via an "ask form" on the website and cannot verify if I accidentally gave them the incorrect email to respond to or if I misspelled it. Should I just bite the bullet and wait for the decision to come via post? Would it be potentially too pushy to ask again? 

Edited by Porshyen