MSPP-MPP admissions acceptance 2014

martinet25

Congrats, I just got in too!  All the e-mail says is, "Your application will be passed on to the MSPP Scholarship Committee, and you will hear from us in the coming weeks if you have been selected for merit funding."  I'd imagine a month or so?

I also applied to SAIS and UCSD IRPS, so Georgetown is the only MPP program I applied to.  It's going to be a tough decision between MSPP and SAIS if I get into SAIS.  Although being in the midwest this winter is making me look pretty longingly at San Diego...I guess what I'm saying is I have no idea at this point :)

Hi!

I've received the same email on Monday. I'll also be very anxious for the funding email.

I'll be following this thread for more info from you guys regarding funding. I have applied to other top MPP programs.

Perhaps we can discuss here what's more convenient when the other schools begin releasing their admission results.

I received another email today from Georgetown GSAS asking me to check the official admission decision on website. The content of this letter is almost same as what we all got on 9th Feb (and it says nothing about any funding). So should I conclude there is no funding for me? Did anyone of you hear regarding fin aid? Thanks!

I *think* that was just the official offer of admission from GSAS (based on the recommendation forwarded to them by MSPP).  I'm not sure if that has any meaning on whether or not you will receive any funding.

I was also accepted a couple of weeks back- was wondering if anyone has heard anything back regarding scholarships yet? Do you think if you're someone who they're not going to offer a scholarship they would tell you?

I was also accepted a couple of weeks back- was wondering if anyone has heard anything back regarding scholarships yet? Do you think if you're someone who they're not going to offer a scholarship they would tell you?

I was curious and called the admin office on Friday.  Apparently the scholarship committee just began going over applications, so it's likely to be another 1-2 weeks I would guess.

For those of you who have been accepted, is Georgetown your first choice? If so why?

I'd say it's in my top 2-3 out of the 7 I applied to. Why? It's in DC, where I currently work, so I wouldn't have to move from what is likely the best place to be for this degree. I'm hoping for some internal funding from McCourt so I can afford to stop working full-time and enroll as a full-time student. I also feel that the new faculty and funding that McCourt (as opposed to the GPPI or whatever they used to call themselves) has will lead to increased stature for the program in the near/longer-term future in terms of better students, renown, etc. But really, it's all about the $$$ they offer. As an RPCV, I already know I'll get minimum offers from certain schools, so they're competing against that.

Hi my friends,

It is so great to meet you here. I am from China, I also got the offer two weeks ago, and waiting for the funding now. How many of you will probably go to Georgetown, I mean you take it as the priority? For me, I have got several offers, but still wondering which one to go. i.e. USC gave me a full scholarship.

Hi my friends,

It is so great to meet you here. I am from China, I also got the offer two weeks ago, and waiting for the funding now. How many of you will probably go to Georgetown, I mean you take it as the priority? For me, I have got several offers, but still wondering which one to go. i.e. USC gave me a full scholarship.

I am also an international student. My decision to attend/not attend would primarily hinge on the $$ they are offering. The school has a high tution and even the cost of living in DC are would be high. So in short, I need to know the aid-package before I start debating my choices.

I am also an international student. My decision to attend/not attend would primarily hinge on the $$ they are offering. The school has a high tution and even the cost of living in DC are would be high. So in short, I need to know the aid-package before I start debating my choices.

I apply for MPP and IR. What about you? What other universities have you applied? :)

My financial aid package came.  It has some for the first year, but it doesn't say anything for the second.  Anybody know if that means that I won't get anything for the second year or do they decide that later?

Edited by jct329

I just got my aid package...i think it is just for 1st year.....

@martinet25: do tell us what you hear regarding the second year for the scholarship

Edited by nandanroom