Rolling Admission - Who knows how long it takes?

impatientWaiting

I'm curious how long it usually takes for most schools to make rolling admission decisions.

I applied to Drexel's Biomedical Engineering Masters program a month ago - the application "deadline" isn't until sometime in September so I thought applying this early would give me a better chance and I'd hear back sooner than most other programs.

Anyone have any ideas or experiences with rolling admission?

I heard back from most of mine within a month. I say a month because I finished everything around Thanksgiving time then they were in session 2 weeks post thanksgiving and I heard back about 2 weeks post Christmas break so all together it was about 4 weeks of in session time (hope that makes sense). I'm in a social work program though so totally different

Hmm... Well with that logic, they've been in session since my application was marked as complete, except for this week - between terms now till the 15th. So I should be hearing back in a week I guess.

I wonder what's the appropriate timing to e-mail and inquire about my status after the application is marked as complete. Any thoughts?

Has anyone encountered any issues with their JHU application status? Mine still reads incomplete cause they haven't received my transcripts (despite having a receipt acknowledgement from DHL saying that they did). Ive written to the grad admissions office several times, haven't gotten a reply, and this is freaking me out. I thought i'll wait it out before calling them up and finding out first hand what the issue is.

That happened to me with my transcript AND my GRE scores. I sent my transcript via UPS but it snowed the next day so things got delayed, sent back, etc. So I sent another one out the next and it didn't get there till the day after the deadline. I sent them an e-mail explaining the situation (hoping they'll make an exception for a late transcript) and, although it took a while, the status online was updated.

For my GRE scores, I sent it a month before the deadline and for some reason the status online still said it wasn't received. I e-mailed them and a few days later (maybe about a week?) the status was updated to received. 

They don't respond to e-mails. So if it's been a while since you e-mailed them, and your status hasn't yet to be updated, I would call right away before they write you off for not having sent your transcript.

Edited by impatientWaiting

I found it took about 1.5 months to find out for me at the University of York.  However, I got my e-mail saying I was in a day or two after my last LOR was received, it had slipped under the radar and I forgot that I still had one outstanding.  Once my reference sent it in I got the e-mail.