Acceptance without an interview?

FreeRadical

Is it common for a school to accept an applicant without an interview? What schools are known to always/sometimes/never do interviews? How should an applicant interpret not hearing *anything* well into February?

I think these are general interest questions, but I'm also curious because none of my 6 schools have offered formal interviews (BU, Harvard, Hopkins, Michigan, UIC, UW). UW waitlisted me without an interview.

For Epidemiology Phd programs, Harvard, UW, UNC, Upitt don't typically interview. I actually have no clue if BU interviews, but it seems to be mixed based on past posts. Columbia, Hopkins and Yale all seem to require interviews. Also, I wouldn't be too discouraged! It is promising that you were waitlisted at UW instead of rejected. They seem to be pretty strict on high GRE and GPAs as well as having substantial research experience and you clearly made the cut! I am sure you will be receiving good news soon!