what to expect for a rejection/acceptance

jinyuan

What will my acceptance/rejection/waiting list postal package look like? Is it the same as under grad? Big envelope = acceptance, one small slim envelope = rejection/waiting list. Is it the same, is it different for grad school?

I know the "depends (school, program, etc)" factor is in play but if anyone has gotten some notices, please tell me what the physical appearance of their notice looked like.

The reason i ask is my mailing address is different from my current address, and i dont want the person receiving my mail to know if i got rejected, so instead they will tell me over the phone what my mail looks like and then post it to me after without opening it themselves.

Thanks good luck to all!

Honestly, you're being really weird about this.

Who cares if people know whether you got in or you got rejected? At the end of the day, are you living your life for those people or are you living it for yourself?

Also, positive and negative notifications come in all shapes and sizes - big envelopes, small envelopes, etc.

That is all . . .

You can't tell what grad school letters are based on how they look. Acceptances regularly come in small envelopes. Big envelopes sometimes contain random information from the school that they are sending you before they make a decision. So, you'll have to wait for the person to send you things, or let them open them if you can't wait.

You can do temporary changes of address with the post office you know.

I agree....there's no way of telling.

I was accepted into a grad school back in 2006, and it was a small thin envelope. They sent the rest of the crap later... :lol: And just recently I was accepted into NYU, and I got a large envelope.

There is no way of knowing.....when you get the package, just open it...lol. 8)

The days of big = accepted, small = rejected are long over.

Most schools (3 of 4 schools that I got into) notified me by email or phone before I got any paper acceptances.

Several schools rejected me by just email.