Question on withdrawing from some classes my last semester

wokeem

I was wondering if anyone had some thoughts on whether or not it's a bad idea to withdraw from a few classes your last semester before grad school. I was recently accepted to two of my top-choice graduate programs (hurrah!). My acceptance was, as I understand at this point, only conditional regarding my actually graduating at the end of this semester. I am very much on track to do so, however, I am a triple major and have grown really tired of my last unfinished area of study. Note, this is not the area I am going into for my PhD. At this point I'm very much tempted to withdraw from the two classes I'm currently taking that would finish my major. Beyond preparing for grad. school and making all of the requisite visits to campus, I am working on an honors thesis in which I am very much invested, and I am trying to pick up extra hours at work to save up for the fall. These classes are really just serving as distractions at this point and I'd really just as soon get a W for them and not have to deal with the additional stress in what is, already, a fairly stressful time.

Of course, in my personal statements to these programs I discussed my triple-major, and they're certainly going to see two Ws on my transcript if I follow through with this. Would I have any cause for concern that this could spark some sort of revoked acceptance? I plan on switching it to a minor, so I would have a two majors, one with honors, and a minor in the field I'd be abandoning.

Also, I have emailed my thesis supervisor to get her advice on this matter and am waiting for a reply on that front. I'm just interested in taking in as many perspectives on this as possible.

Not sure if this would matter, but I'd remain in two other classes.

I think it shows a lot of maturity for you to be approaching this the way that you are.  Particularly impressive that you even reached out to someone in academia for advice.  Although I'm in no way an admissions expert, schools must value students who prioritize and would rather downsize than burn out, right?  That's my hope (it's what I've been told for years).

I think you did the right thing by asking your advisor and would consider her opinion highly. My personal opinion is that schools could have an issue with this since you would be dropping some of the things that may have led to their consideration of you to begin with.

Do you have an advisor at your phd program who you could reach out to for advice? They might be helpful.

I think you did the right thing by asking your advisor and would consider her opinion highly. My personal opinion is that schools could have an issue with this since you would be dropping some of the things that may have led to their consideration of you to begin with.

Do you have an advisor at your phd program who you could reach out to for advice? They might be helpful.

I just emailed a grad school admin actually. I was hesitant initially, as maybe just asking could leave a bad impression, but obviously the stakes are much higher if I'm wrong about this, and I really need to be sure.