Anyone heard back from UW yet?

Emarouk

I know we have until the 1st but it is killing me. PSU isn't giving an answer until March 30th. I turned everything in in late December and this has become the longest couple months of my life....and that includes the last part of my pregnancy. Fortunately I'm currently working in Spain so that is distracting but I still find myself checking and checking the status of my applications for no good reason. Help me keep my sanity if you can!

• 2 weeks later...

Nobody??? This wait is killing me. I know some early consideration folks found out March 1st last year and I'm really hoping we don't have to wait until Monday since the first is on a Saturday...

I only applied to UW.  I can't relocate, mostly due to my husband's job, and being really settled in the area.  From what I can tell, I have the right level of experience, and all of that, but I wasn't anticipating the anxiety level I am feeling. 

I guess knowing exactly what I want to do, and having that be in the hands of someone else is a tough pill for me to swallow at the moment. (And having my stomach drop every time I get the notification from gmail thatI have a message in my inbox!)

I am curious to hear how it goes for you.  I will update as soon as I hear. 

Good luck! 

I just checked my email and had an email from UW! Annnnd it was a survey about my experience applying. Pfffttt. Maybe don't send that out just when we are waiting to hear what direction our lives are heading!

I just checked my email and had an email from UW! Annnnd it was a survey about my experience applying. Pfffttt. Maybe don't send that out just when we are waiting to hear what direction our lives are heading!

Same! I was so excited for a brief second, then was disappointed. 

I imagine the folks that sent that out chuckling evily...I think I may be losing it. Ha. I just double checked the website and it does say that those who had everything in for early consideration will know by the end of February so I guess my wait will be over one way or another soon. Here's to hoping we all get in!

JUST GOT THE EMAIL! IN!

Woohoo! Congrats!!! Did you just get it?? I'm hoping I don't have too much longer to wait. Congrats!!!!!

Edited by Emarouk

Day program. I got the email about 45 minutes ago.

That's what I applied for too! I'm so glad you got in...I know how stressful being able to apply to only one school can be. Luckily it's a great program! Congrats again...I hope you're celebrating!

Edited by Emarouk

I also got that email. I wasn't so sure if it meant I was wait listed or they aren't letting anyone know until that date. Either way needing to add a month to their decisions is a long time and I will probably commit to another school within the next month.

Edited by jarenolds

I also got that email. I wasn't so sure if it meant I was wait listed or they aren't letting anyone know until that date. Either way needing to add a month to their decisions is a long time and I will probably commit to another school within the next month.

I won't hear back from PSU until April 30th so I guess I'm waiting it out. Being rolled over into the second wave doesn't make me feel really confident about my chances though.

I realize those letters seem disheartening; however, they discussed them at one of the information sessions. Apparently, with the early applications, they broke into three piles: Yes, No .. and then those they felt required comparision versus the entire applicant pool (remember, these aren't rolling admissions, they just promised an early response to encourage people to apply earlier in the year). So, it's definitely not bad news -- it's not a no (or even a waitlist). Good luck to all. (I'm part of the later applicant pool anyway so wasn't getting too excited about today).

I realize those letters seem disheartening; however, they discussed them at one of the information sessions. Apparently, with the early applications, they broke into three piles: Yes, No .. and then those they felt required comparision versus the entire applicant pool (remember, these aren't rolling admissions, they just promised an early response to encourage people to apply earlier in the year). So, it's definitely not bad news -- it's not a no (or even a waitlist). Good luck to all. (I'm part of the later applicant pool anyway so wasn't getting too excited about today).

Thanks for taking the time to write that. I'll admit that I feel pretty discouraged, especially since I only applied to two schools, but I guess I'll just keep hoping that I make the final list. Good luck to you! If you heard any other gems at those sessions, please share away. I'll have to find more things to obsess on now that this painful wait and see period has been further extended...

Thanks for taking the time to write that. I'll admit that I feel pretty discouraged, especially since I only applied to two schools, but I guess I'll just keep hoping that I make the final list. Good luck to you! If you heard any other gems at those sessions, please share away. I'll have to find more things to obsess on now that this painful wait and see period has been further extended...

Yep this happened last year too, I actually got the exact same email last year verbatim. They explained that all it really meant was that you were now put into the general applicant pool. Looks like I'm back in the same place this year too....:/

Yep this happened last year too, I actually got the exact same email last year verbatim. They explained that all it really meant was that you were now put into the general applicant pool. Looks like I'm back in the same place this year too....:/

Yikes...I can't imagine going through this twice. I hope you make it this year!!!