Timeline on funding and official acceptance letter?

seeingeyeduck

In your experience, what's the timeline like between hearing in officially from the school and getting the official letter from the grad office?

I'm wondering because with one of my acceptances I got an official letter the week after I got the call, but the other has yet to send anything official even though it's been about two weeks now, which makes me worry since my GPA was low and I wonder if that causes problems on the university level even if the dept admits me...

No word on funding from either. They just say "soon." When I ask.

I'm not sure there's an official timeline, but are you sure the school is sending a letter? I logged into my student account for one school and there was a place to print the letter because they don't actually send a physical copy. I doubt they suddenly decided not to admit you if they had already said otherwise.

I'm wondering because with one of my acceptances I got an official letter the week after I got the call, but the other has yet to send anything official even though it's been about two weeks now, which makes me worry since my GPA was low and I wonder if that causes problems on the university level even if the dept admits me...

No word on funding from either. They just say "soon." When I ask.

I had the same problem. Got the departmental letter first, then three weeks waiting on the Grad school. Same doubts as you, will the grad school refuse my admission? Went to the admissions site and there it was...phew! The grad school email confirming acceptance came the same day.

Just keep the faith, you're in...start thinking about the choice you have to make to distract yourself.

That's the thing - I wish I knew more so I could get this choice over with! :)

But I've been reading that maybe schools don't even send out funding til they meet you at the recruit day?

Oh and I realize there's no one timeline or anything for all schools but I was curious about what is the range of "normal."

Edited by seeingeyeduck

I got a letter from the grad school on the 13th and the funding info the day after. I guess it depends. I'd imagine that my department doesn't have too much trouble getting funding though (that, and I hear the department is really short staffed on TAs)

Just to throw another timeline out there: I received an unoffical email on 2/3 with hesitant funding. I received an official department letter via snail mail on 2/13 with what they thought funding would be.  I still haven't heard anything official from the graduate school.  Nothing has changed on the website, and I keep getting mass emails from the financial aid office informing me that I'm not officially admitted yet so they can't do anything with the FAFSA information I sent them. 

This process is just so darn fun! :lol: