Anyone know anything about Columbia or NYU?

fbastian

Thanks! I really hope they at least get us results before April... I Was hoping to make my final decision around the 5th.

Hi I'm also waiting for Columbia PhD and have no result yet.

It drives me mad because I am a foreign national currently working in the US, and need to submit my work visa application before April 1 if I am not attending any school. 

I already have a master's degree so I am only applying for PhD. Let's keep each other updated.

Got a mail asking for one-page statement from Columbia.....any one else on the same boat?

(Was rejected for Phd and now I am in the MS pool)

Edited by apriluser

Got a mail asking for one-page statement from Columbia.....any one else on the same boat?

(Was rejected for Phd and now I am in the MS pool)

Yeah, only have until tomorrow to submit it.

so anybody still waiting on NYU like me?

I am. I would really like to hear back from them. They seemed like a great fit but this long wait is getting to me. What specialization are you looking into?

Computer Vision is my main area of research with interests in security and HCI.

I emailed them on Friday and they said that they would be sending out their final decisions "early next week".

Computer Vision is my main area of research with interests in security and HCI.

I emailed them on Friday and they said that they would be sending out their final decisions "early next week".

Curious, who did you apply under? I'm interested in hci as well, but it didn't seem like they had many professors in that area.

Dr. Fergus, Dr. LeCun, and Dr. Bregler. I only stated specific faculty in the field of computer vision.

Outside of that i treated security and HCI as backup or interdisciplinary interests so i did not specify faculty.