Fall 2015 Applicants

Hi, friends! I'm just checking in to see how everyone's doing! I'm still waiting to hear back from 4 (?!?!) schools, but I was unofficially offered a job teaching comp at a CC in the fall, so I'm excited about that! However, I'll be back next year for my second season of applications. I'm so happy for all the amazing acceptances this cohort has had! Woooo!

Congrats! I am wait listed at three, and I had an interview about teaching high school English in NOLA. I should hear back from the job around the same time that I hear about grad schools! So if one of the three doesn't work out, I'm going to apply to grad school again next year, too!

Congrats! I am wait listed at three, and I had an interview about teaching high school English in NOLA. I should hear back from the job around the same time that I hear about grad schools! So if one of the three doesn't work out, I'm going to apply to grad school again next year, too!

I hope you get at least one of your options, be it the job or an acceptance!

Hi, friends! I'm just checking in to see how everyone's doing! I'm still waiting to hear back from 4 (?!?!) schools, but I was unofficially offered a job teaching comp at a CC in the fall, so I'm excited about that! However, I'll be back next year for my second season of applications. I'm so happy for all the amazing acceptances this cohort has had! Woooo!

Oh, that's fantastic, Jhefflol! So happy for you! :D

• 2 weeks later...

Just chiming in to say...I just received a full GAship offer with full funding: total tuition remission, faculty health care plan, and a generous stipend. :D

{wants to "like!" out of upvotes} Oh the agony. ;-) *^^* Huge, HUGE-hearty congrats!!!!!! Felicidades!!!!!!!*^^*

Just chiming in to say...I just received a full GAship offer with full funding: total tuition remission, faculty health care plan, and a generous stipend. :D

Yes!!!! I wanna cry I'm so happy for you!!!

Thanks folks! Needless to say, I'm really happy! It means I won't be teaching in the spring (the 1/2 TAship is incompatible with the full GAship), but I've been assured that there will be lots of other opportunities to teach if all goes well...and I really do want to teach as soon and as much as possible. But yes! Funding is great, and it will be in the English department as well, so...all is good! :)

Thanks folks! Needless to say, I'm really happy! It means I won't be teaching in the spring (the 1/2 TAship is incompatible with the full GAship), but I've been assured that there will be lots of other opportunities to teach if all goes well...and I really do want to teach as soon and as much as possible. But yes! Funding is great, and it will be in the English department as well, so...all is good! :)

YES~! You so deserve it! Congrats, WT :)

IrPJRGA.gif

Take the money. Take all the money!

Congratulations, Wyatt's Torch! Just don't become a Caps fan, y'hear? ;) This seems like an excellent opportunity for you, and I hope it's fruitful and productive. 

That's a great news! Congratulations!

Holy heck...thanks again guys! I didn't expect such a warm response!

It does feel like things are falling into place...very much so. My wife and I are now actively looking for apartments in the Maryland side of D.C., and will move by the end of June, which is a welcome occurrence unto itself!

• 3 months later...

Do we actually know that Rutgers has had a collapse in the applicant pool? The Rutgers delay might have been due to the fact that there was a two-step process involved in applying that required a 24-hour turnaround time to submit a writing sample. 

The University of Michigan received 226 applicants for Fall 2011, 408 applicants for Fall 2012, and 305 applicants for Fall 2015 (I don't think Fall 2013 and Fall 2014 data is available, as they had the Fall 2012 information on their site until this year). I thought it looked like a collapse when I only had Fall 2012 and Fall 2015 data but it's interesting to see 2011 there too.