What does "soon" mean?

kcbaz

I had an interview for a counseling psychology masters program and it went really well!  A relative of mine knows the program director and asked how my interview went and they replied that they liked me a lot.  This is my first choice program and I'm dying to find out if I got in or not.  When I walked out of the interview the director said "You'll hear back from us soon".  In your experience, what does "soon" mean?  I'm guessing two weeks or so?

Edited by kcbaz

Yeah soon is totally relative. I've had soon mean the next day or soon mean I still haven't heard back nearly 3 weeks later.

Edit: sorry that probably doesn't help, but we're all in the same boat... I'm expecting to hear from my two top programs this week and have been checking my email constantly.

Edited by emguth

PsycD: Thanks for the good laugh!  Haha I fear I'm approaching that second with every buzz of my phone receiving an email.

I have known all along that it would take weeks to get an answer...but I had no idea just how much waiting can drive you crazy!  Every time I get an email I have a brief surge of adrenaline haha.  I just want to know!

Turns out "soon" meant five days after the interview!  Yesterday I got my acceptance email and immediately responded accepting my spot in the program!  Good luck to all others applying...I am SO glad my waiting is now over!