NPSIA 2014 Fall Applicants

lahdeedah

Great, let's do it. I'll make a Facebook group and we can start talking courses, etc. I have a a close friend at NPSIA and he has been a great resource so far so I can share some of his wisdom with you and so on... I'm sure we are all in the middle of exams and final essays so we'll take our time with this but I'll get it started and wait for all interested to send me their contacts.

Can't wait to meet you all!!

I think that's a great idea!

Can't wait to meet everyone! 

Great, let's do it. I'll make a Facebook group and we can start talking courses, etc. I have a a close friend at NPSIA and he has been a great resource so far so I can share some of his wisdom with you and so on... I'm sure we are all in the middle of exams and final essays so we'll take our time with this but I'll get it started and wait for all interested to send me their contacts.

Can't wait to meet you all!!

For those interested in joining the Facebook group:

- if you have already sent your contact info to satellite2014, she has sent you a friend request on FB.  Please 'accept' her invitation, and she'll add you to the group.

- if you haven't yet sent in your details, please either DM me with your email address (not FB name) *or* please find the group "NPSIA 2016" on Facebook and send a request to be added (note: if you're going with the latter option, maybe just include a few words to tell me that you know about the group from the forum...  While I don't think there will be a rush of people from the interweb trying to join the group, it would probably be helpful to keep it to those who have been accepted to NPSIA for this fall.  The group is only 'closed' not 'secret', so anyone doing a search for NPSIA should be able to find it.)

Thanks!  See you on there.   :)

Hi Guys, this is a longshot, but I was wondering if I can get feedback from any of you accepted individuals on my application to Munk, just trying to figure out whether there was something amiss/where I can improve upon.

Thanks in advance!

• 3 weeks later...

Hey guys!

I just found this forum the other day I thought I might introduce myself. I accepted my offer to NPSIA several weeks ago. I'm doing the course work stream with a specialization in Intelligence and National Security!

I was also accepted into Simon Fraser and the Munk School. It was really close, but the funding from NPSIA plus the specialization are what made me go with Carleton. That and all the available information seemed to indicate that NPSIA is the best in the country for what it does.

I'm really excited for the Fall and I hope to see a lot of you there!

Hey guys!

I just found this forum the other day I thought I might introduce myself. I accepted my offer to NPSIA several weeks ago. I'm doing the course work stream with a specialization in Intelligence and National Security!

I was also accepted into Simon Fraser and the Munk School. It was really close, but the funding from NPSIA plus the specialization are what made me go with Carleton. That and all the available information seemed to indicate that NPSIA is the best in the country for what it does.

I'm really excited for the Fall and I hope to see a lot of you there!

Congrats. I'm in Intelligence and National Security as well. Looking forward to September!

Congrats. I'm in Intelligence and National Security as well. Looking forward to September!

Cool! You're the first person I've met to take the same specialization as me. Are you on the Facebook group yet?

Cool! You're the first person I've met to take the same specialization as me. Are you on the Facebook group yet?

Yeah you're the first as well. Not yet, don't have Facebook. Was thinking about making one to join the group though!

• 2 months later...

I'm in the same boat as both of you. My application is on "hold".

I've been told that roughly 400 applications were submitted and they will be accepting 95 candidates. I'm curious how many of us are on "hold".

In case you're curious, I also applied to the University of Ottawa for a Master's in Globalization and International Development, as well as the University of Saskatchewan for a Masters in Political Studies. Fortunately, I was accepted to both however NPSIA is still my first choice.

Fingers crossed for all of us :)

Hey guys any update? does  being on hold mean we waitlisted?