Fall 2015 Applicants

dr. t

Dear UPenn and Harvard,

Please, put me out of my misery so that I can make my choice in peace.

Sincerely,

(Not so) Hopeful Prospective Student Who Knows the Blow is Coming.

:( Waiting is the worst. Have you checked Harvard's application site? A couple of days ago they finally update it with a link to my offer letter. I didn't get an email about it, I just happened to check (and it's not very prominent on the status page, you have to be looking for it). They also do snail mail notifications, which I know was sent out a week ago and still hasn't arrived.

:( Waiting is the worst. Have you checked Harvard's application site? A couple of days ago they finally update it with a link to my offer letter. I didn't get an email about it, I just happened to check (and it's not very prominent on the status page, you have to be looking for it). They also do snail mail notifications, which I know was sent out a week ago and still hasn't arrived.

Where on the status page? Mine just says application submitted. Not under review or anything. Is it the same portal you used to apply?

I found out today that 12 people were admitted at UMinn, for those who want to know cohort sizes. They tend to have a high matriculation rate (sometimes 100%).

Not sure if it helps anyone to know, but I heard that around 21 people were admitted to Cornell this year. 

Well, got rejected by the Kroc Institute at Notre Dame.... :(

Sorry mate  :( ! How did the Baylor interview go though? I am pretty sure I had a dream after a drunken last night where Baylor was mentioned somewhere. Assuming that is a sign from the alcohol gods that you nailed it. 

Not sure if it helps anyone to know, but I heard that around 21 people were admitted to Cornell this year. 

When are they going to start rejecting people you think?

Edited by Gambaosaka1

IU is only admitting 10 applicants out of ~150 applicants this year

Did you get in contact with anyone at IU? Just curious how you got the info...I'm still waiting on them!

Also, congrats to all the admits and condolences to those who received bad news!

Did you get in contact with anyone at IU? Just curious how you got the info...I'm still waiting on them!

Also, congrats to all the admits and condolences to those who received bad news!

That's what they said on my rejection letter too: 

" am sorry to inform you that we cannot recommend your admission to the graduate program in history. We have given your application close and careful consideration.  Our decision is based on a full assessment of the evidence presented to us.  We received nearly 150 applications for 10 places in our incoming class, and the department is unable to offer admission to every qualified candidate. 

When are they going to start rejecting people you think?

I've heard that there's no waiting list per Graduate School policy, so it's possible (unless there's some unofficial means by which they kept some people in reserve) that if you haven't heard yet, you know.

I've heard that there's no waiting list per Graduate School policy, so it's possible (unless there's some unofficial means by which they kept some people in reserve) that if you haven't heard yet, you know.

Yeah, I'm assuming I'm rejected from all the ones I haven't heard back from yet but was wondering when they finally get around to confirming that. Or does Cornell admin assume the 1% not knowing is part of the fun of applying?

From the results page I guess most rejections/waitlist emails go out next week.

Edited by Gambaosaka1