Fall 2015 Applicants

dr. t

I don't see anything on the bottom of the page. To be clear, this is the page that we used to submit the application and review it (has the "print receipt" button) and, gives a run down of what has been submitted and received, and says "submitted" with a big green check next to it, correct? The apply yourself website?

It is.  Maybe you haven't been rejected.

Thanks! I'm trying not to raise my hopes too high, but it's hard not to when all I've experienced thus far is swift rejection.

Edited by JTE

What is up with these schools? Why can't UVA send e-mails at least prompting a visit to the website when their official decision is made? I get that not all schools will be as considerate as Emory in sending a very nice letter directly to our inboxes, but UVA can at least go the route Duke took and send an e-mail telling the applicant to check the website. While I didn't receive my official status today, I feel for those who did by stumbling upon their decision on the website. Those of you who were rejected, let us know if and when you receive any other communication about UVA's final decision. I'm curious to see if they will send e-mails later.

I applied specifically to work in the Race, Law and History program at U-M. I look at the ways in which the meaning of race was changed and codified as a result of economic demands due to colonial and imperial pressure and the ways in which law was used as a strategy to block groups of people from achieving status in society.

Short story: racism is part of our law. it was put there as a feature, not a bug.

Edited by Fianna

kateosee (quote not working) - I totally agree, I feel like I am holding other people up as I'm considering several schools, but I have very little info on funding. I need it to make decisions and free up spots for others!

So, I checked with the admissions office (I had to). My application is still under review. Yay for this little ray of hope.

Awesome!!!

And congrats you guys who made the Michigan waitlist, that's still really exciting :)

I was discussing this problem with one of my MA professors because I don't want to "string" any programs along or hold up the wait lists. My prof urged me not to pull the plug on any pending applications or acceptances until I have funding information and know I would not attend the programs. Without funding information, making the decision to withdraw an application or decline an acceptance isn't the best idea.

The American Culture department here at UMich told me my funding info when they called me to tell me I'd been accepted. I thought that was standard procedure until I started reading gradcafe lol. 

I'm taking a stab that the Michigan funding package will look something like: years 1, 4, 5, fellowship (9.5k-ish/semester)+ tuition. years 2, 3 GSI positions which is about the same funding. Plus health and dental insurance. This seems to be a pretty standard LSA package here. The difference being who gets guaranteed summer funding and who doesn't. 

The American Culture department here at UMich told me my funding info when they called me to tell me I'd been accepted. I thought that was standard procedure until I started reading gradcafe lol. 

I'm taking a stab that the Michigan funding package will look something like: years 1, 4, 5, fellowship (9.5k-ish/semester)+ tuition. years 2, 3 GSI positions which is about the same funding. Plus health and dental insurance. This seems to be a pretty standard LSA package here. The difference being who gets guaranteed summer funding and who doesn't. 

Does the package cover tuition during the summer? ;)