Has anyone ever used Interfolio?

Hey guys,

I know everyone might think why am I asking this so now late in the game but I just want to be prepared for the worst while also hoping for the best. My professor suggested that I use interfolio but every time I go on the website, I don't know which plan to pick. Can anyone give me some feedback as to which plan they used? Thinking about applying to an accelerated graduate program (not speech) at my former school just so if I don't get accepted to a speech program, I will occupy myself with something. MUCHOS GRACIAS!! :lol:

I'd never heard of interfolio before, actually, but just wanted to say that making one seems like a smart move no matter what. (Well, depending on cost.) That kind of thing isn't only useful for applying to grad schools, it seems useful for applying to anything.

I currently use Interfolio because my school moved all of our saved letters of recommendations there. It's nice to be able to just contact the site instead of bothering professors for letters of recommendations (especially if you add a school to apply to later in the game). However, not all programs accept Interfolio's letter of recommendation form, because they might have a checklist or supplemental form that needs to be filled out.

I'm not familiar with the plans that they offer. Which ones are you looking at? I set mine up about 2 years ago so I don't exactly remember. 

I'd never heard of interfolio before, actually, but just wanted to say that making one seems like a smart move no matter what. (Well, depending on cost.) That kind of thing isn't only useful for applying to grad schools, it seems useful for applying to anything.

I know right? It seems pretty cool but I felt bad for not making one for my professor earlier when she was starting my letters of recommendations because I was so tight on cash with all the application fees that I just wanted to get everything in on time. I'm hesitant to do it but I feel so embarrassed asking for letters of recs all the time since I made her fill out like 8..loll

I currently use Interfolio because my school moved all of our saved letters of recommendations there. It's nice to be able to just contact the site instead of bothering professors for letters of recommendations (especially if you add a school to apply to later in the game). However, not all programs accept Interfolio's letter of recommendation form, because they might have a checklist or supplemental form that needs to be filled out.

I'm not familiar with the plans that they offer. Which ones are you looking at? I set mine up about 2 years ago so I don't exactly remember. 

Totally agree with you about bothering the professors, writing a letter must be tiring enough but 8 letters I felt I was pushing it. Thank God she was so nice about it, although I felt examined when getting them like I was being evaluated..loll w/e They have a 3 year plan so I think I might go with that one, just in case if anything I don't have to constantly bombard them asking for letters. Thanks for the advice :)

I used Interfolio for my 10 applications.  Asking my writers to submit to my 10 schools would have been too much.  I've been extremely satisfied with the service and would completely recommend them.

One thing to keep in mind, like the previous poster stated, is that some universities, who DO accept the Interfolio letters, also need a separate form filled out.  That's a situation that is currently happening with me.  Three of my schools are asking for my recommenders to fill out an evaluation form and send it back to them.  One reason I used Interfolio was because the three people I chose, while great recommenders, are extremely busy and rarely do things on time. It's frustrating that it took over a month after their initial deadline to submit the letter to Interfolio, let alone the 3 weeks I've been waiting for them to also submit the evaluation to the various schools. 

I knew that this would be a possibility, and while it's frustrating, the service has been amazing for the 7 schools that have my completed application.  It was nice having the control over when and where the letters went.  Certain shipping situations even have tracking, which is nice.