AU, SIS

I think that AU and GW may be communicating. Since GW had technical issues and extended their deadline, they'll be releasing a bit late. Maybe AU is coordinating something?

I just want to get in...

I haven't heard news from any of the DC school. That's a great suspense in my total application. Although received some admissions, I really hope to have a chance to see the US capital. And AU is really a dream of mine.

I got accepted, but no news on funding yet. My decision letter does date "March/April 2014" so I wonder if that means they'll hold off a batch of decisions until Apr? That is pretty late though.

Congrats on the acceptance ceid90! Hopefully you'll hear some funding news soon as well. I would just like to hear from any of the DC schools at this point. Waiting until the end of March/beginning of April is brutal. 

April 1st seems miserably late for a decision release... Especially because, in my letter, the response deadline is April 15th. 

Hopefully if GT releases "very very soon" as they're supposed to, American will match them or follow by a few days maximum... 

Yeah, I'm shocked too. I am waiting on GW and GT. I know a wave of letters went out yesterday, so I would imagine it won't be too much longer until the next set gets sent out.

April 1st seems miserably late for a decision release... Especially because, in my letter, the response deadline is April 15th. 

Hopefully if GT releases "very very soon" as they're supposed to, American will match them or follow by a few days maximum... 

"Very very soon"!  When/where did Georgetown say that? 

Hi everyone,

Anyone else still waiting to hear back from AU? Got an email from someone at the admissions office that they are still reviewing files and will hear back by the end of March! Ugh! Who else is waiting?

@tunaonrice I'm also still waiting anxiously to hear! Good to know they're still reviewing applications! This is truly March Madness...good luck to everyone still waiting as well, all the best!!

Someone posted a few pages back that they'll be working over applications until the end of August. I've poured through the previous admissions postings, and it looks like people hear back no later than the 24th. 

Hey guys,

I applied in December for the Global Governance and Security Program for AU. It was well within the deadline and I still haven't heard anything back as well. I saw a handful of people from gradcafe have already got accepted with funding. I have this worry that they are going to be sending out the rejections, but we will have to wait and see.

Anyone have any input on how these processes work? I called in yesterday and the person on the phone was unclear and said they were "reviewing things on a rolling basis" and I might not hear back until 5-7 business days. To me this is insanely late as I have heard back from other graduate schools. I banking on American right now as I have been rejected from GWU Elliott. Denver and Pitt accepted me but with no funding. I also want to be able to have access to internships and networking in DC.

So I heard from American tonight, but it wasn't an admissions decision, I applied to Idev and they said they think I am a better fit for the social enterprise masters and wanted to call and talk to me about it.

Thanks WaterYouDoing! Has anyone gotten a fin aid package from SIS?

Hope everyone who's still waiting hears soon!

If you look at your letter and you follow the directions at the bottom, you should be able to access your financial aid package. You have to log in to your MyAU, go through the password process, and once you get in for real there'll be a bunch of drop down menus on the right. Click the Financial Services --> My Financial Aid Award --> select the term --> It'll show up...hopefully! 

If you didn't have any information about merit awards in your letter, it means you didn't get one. I didn't get one, but that section in my MyAU shows they've assigned me loans. 

Hey guys,

I applied in December for the Global Governance and Security Program for AU. It was well within the deadline and I still haven't heard anything back as well. I saw a handful of people from gradcafe have already got accepted with funding. I have this worry that they are going to be sending out the rejections, but we will have to wait and see.

Anyone have any input on how these processes work? I called in yesterday and the person on the phone was unclear and said they were "reviewing things on a rolling basis" and I might not hear back until 5-7 business days. To me this is insanely late as I have heard back from other graduate schools. I banking on American right now as I have been rejected from GWU Elliott. Denver and Pitt accepted me but with no funding. I also want to be able to have access to internships and networking in DC.

Hey wolfie53,

I've done research into how they do the admissions thing at AU, and, as far as I know, this appears to be the process - when they look at the applications, they make a decision on the first day: who they definitely want, and who they definitely don't. I think that this is evaluated by GPA, GRE, and years of work experience. These are also the candidates who are more likely to "get away," so to speak. Admission is offered quickly so that they can choose AU over whatever other institution may offer them admission.

After that, they start sorting through the "maybe" pile. The committee carefully reads through CVs, SoPs, and LoRs. I think that this is where their "holistic" bit comes into play - In these reviews, low GPAs are balanced out by GREs, candidates with good numbers can be rejected because of a bad SoP, and applications can be saved by strong LoRs. 

So, I think that's where we're all at.