AU, SIS

I decided to call the SIS admissions office today.  Turns out, the admissions committee haven't even started reviewing my application.  The person I spoke to wasn't sure why.  I applied before the deadline.  However, at the end of January the admissions office had a question regarding a document.  That was resolved that same day and the online status of my application changed to "your application is now complete and ready for review".  It sounds like my file got into the wrong pile and was forgotten until I called.  Bummer...

@Sonechka,

So are they reviewing it now? That's pretty awful, sorry to hear it. Also makes me feel like I should contact someone as well on an update.

Thanks!  I hope they will still consider it.

Did you not confirm with them whether or not they would be reviewing your application ASAP? If it was a mistake on their end they need to get it together and start reviewing your application now. I've emailed admissions regarding my application because this is getting ridiculous. If you're gonna reject me just do it already so I can move on with my career.

Edit: I called the admissions office and was informed that my application is still under review and they are "hoping to get decisions out in a week or two". Almost 3 months for admissions is absolutely ridiculous but it's out of my control.

Edited by WaterYouDoing

Emailed the admissions office today to check when I could expect an answer. They replied very fast and told be to 'Stay tuned' as they check with the adcomm for an update. Feeling discouraged though, seeing all the other GGPS admits..

Know how you all feel. Pretty disappointing that I haven't heard back. Makes me not even want to go to AU if all they do is make you wait while you have good offers from other schools that I could say yes to. An extremely unfair that some have heard but not others, like some kind of popularity contest. I think by the end of this week we should hear.....

I emailed the office of Graduate admissions. They told me that my application is currently under review, and that I should have my decision within the next two weeks. Since, I believe, the enrollment deadline is April 15th, I'm just going to assume that I've been denied admission and will plan the next year accordingly.

Good luck to all of you. I hope you get good news soon.

@jjduval

This is how I feel too. Why wait so long to reject people? I don't get it. In my application I let them know the other 2 programs (GWU/Georgetown) I was applying to. Do they assume I was accepted (lol) to those schools and so they'll just reject me last minute? Are they waiting to hear from people turning down their offers so they can give us/me one (no, considering there are wait lists)? The whole process makes no sense to me. I have a full time job in the security field in the DC area so this isn't a must have for me, but it is still unbelievably frustrating. I can see this being more of a huge pain in the ass for those coming right out of school. Same goes with Georgetown. I'm anticipating rejection for both of them, but why so late if acceptances and wait-listing have gone out already? 

It's super frustrating for me, too. I'm an English teacher in S. Korea and have to make a decision soon about wether I'll be heading home for grad school or renewing my contract for another year. I'd really like to head back to the States, but won't do so without having something waiting for me (school, job, etc.).

The way I see it, if my application was a "lol, no," then the admissions committee would have let me know right away, right? So I've tried to be as positive as I can about it being March 26th and still not having any news. Maybe I'll get some good news before April 15th, but it seems unlikely at this point. I just wish they'd pull the trigger so I could move on with my life.

So I heard from American tonight, but it wasn't an admissions decision, I applied to Idev and they said they think I am a better fit for the social enterprise masters and wanted to call and talk to me about it.

Hi Katrun, I  did not apply SIS, but I researched it and found its new established social enterprise program is a really interesting program. 

Have you heard back from Heller? Which school will you prefer to go at the moment? 

Alright guys, I do have an update. (Albeit a small one) So I decided to call the admissions office again and this time someone more helpful decided to magically answer the phone and she explained the entire situation to me in a very blunt manner since I pressed her a little bit. Basically, the admissions committee is reviewing additional applications they received with others they are considering for admission in the final stage. She said those who the committee found outstanding have already been offered admission and to expect rejections to come out at this stage. However, she said that those who are still waiting should still pay attention given the fact there is still more room for admission, its just that the committee is being diligent in who they want to select for the remaining spots. This is why the process is being held up for so long.

Hope this clears things up with some of the applicants here.

Just got an email to check the portal! Unfortunately directly followed by an email apologizing for the confusion - decision should be up after midnight. 

Me too. Its east coast time right? 

Anyone else find out they were waitlisted today? Nice to find out what the status is finally but what a crazy timeline! Any thoughts on staying on or hopping off the waitlist here?

Yeah, I'm turning down the wait list. I can't imagine the funding will be all that great even if I get moved to accepted, especially since it seems they won't have this figured out until after mid-April! Good luck to everyone still waiting and with your decisions!!

I have yet to hear anything as well. Good news to those who have heard something.

What's sad is, despite all if this I would still likely choose AU if accepted. It would cost less tuition than my other two choices and has a better program. One can hope though.