I saw on the results page that two people have heard back from Portland State University (both accepted). Has anyone else heard from PSU? Since I haven't, my anxiety is of course telling me I'm rejected, and honestly, I'm not sure if I can take ANOTHER rejection from a grad school this week.

Thanks to anyone who can offer some help!

I saw on the results page that two people have heard back from Portland State University (both accepted). Has anyone else heard from PSU? Since I haven't, my anxiety is of course telling me I'm rejected, and honestly, I'm not sure if I can take ANOTHER rejection from a grad school this week.

Thanks to anyone who can offer some help!

Hi portnut2014!  I applied to PSU and I haven't heard back from them either.  So don't worry, you're definitely not alone in the waiting game.  Keeping my fingers crossed for you and all of us on here.  Best of luck! :)

I would honestly be surprised if they were. Usually TGC has many more acceptances posted than the three that are up there so far, and I can't imagine who volunteered to send out 50+ acceptance emails at 1 o'clock in the morning on a Saturday ... :blink: The whole thing is pretty strange but I'm gonna have to keep up hope that they're staggering acceptances this year. 

I would honestly be surprised if they were. Usually TGC has many more acceptances posted than the three that are up there so far, and I can't imagine who volunteered to send out 50+ acceptance emails at 1 o'clock in the morning on a Saturday ... :blink: The whole thing is pretty strange but I'm gonna have to keep up hope that they're staggering acceptances this year. 

I think there are a couple more than three posted.

Yeah, but looking at the responses from last year it looks like all the acceptance postings were on the same day and the later ones were off the waitlist. It is very strange to me too that they were in the middle of the night. Here is praying and hoping they are still coming! 

Edited by Windsey

No email from Portland over here either. I had called yesterday and she said decisions had been made and notifications would be going out next week.

Oh that's good, most likely being rejected next week will give me a little time to recover from being rejected from my top choice last night.

So calling and checking with the committee or the department chair is a thing? I kept wondering the last few months if that was something very taboo or if it was okay to ask when their decisions would be made.

Thanks everyone for the input!

I just saw that too. I need someone to shoot me with a tranquilizer gun so that I stop obsessing. I have a 30 pAge paper due, my brothers coming into town, and I have parent teacher conferences next week and all I can do is think about GRAD SCHOOl!

Waitlisted here, too. After a rejection, it honestly felt really good. I don't think I would have responded as positively to it if it were my first response from any of my schools  :P

But yea, I'm really hoping that doesn't mean that they waitlist everyone who is not initially accepted. I think at some point, I'd rather be rejected than told I'm waitlisted if my waitlist rank is unrealistic. 

Their email says, "I want to be sure you are aware that only a select number of highly qualified individuals are placed on our list." So unless they're lying, they didn't wait list everyone.

Their email says, "I want to be sure you are aware that only a select number of highly qualified individuals are placed on our list." So unless they're lying, they didn't wait list everyone.

Woot woot!  :D

Has anyone else noticed that there are no rejections on the search results page.  Just acceptances and waitlisted.

Waitlisted here.

Judging by the way they rolled out acceptances one day and the waitlists a second day, I would guess that we'll see rejections today or very soon this week for those who didn't make the first two pools.

That being said, if TGC only represents a fraction of the people who applied to PSU, that's gotta be a pretty large waitlist...