Does geology no longer fulfill ASHA chemistry/physics requirement?

My undergrad program told us that geology would fulfill the science requirement for ASHA. I am now hearing that we need to have a physics or chemistry class? is this the case for fall 2014 grad school admissions?

If so, what is the least traumatic way to take physics and or chemistry? I dread taking both!

Many of the students in my program had to take a physics or chemistry class this past year because they took geology, and the geology class ended up not counting as the science requirement for ASHA. 

Thankfully, my school offered a physics class called "Physics of Music" that was basically like an easier version of the acoustics class that I'm assuming all CSD students had to take. Maybe see if your school or local community college offers a class like that over the summer! 

It depends on the school. Some schools follows ASHAs guide, and others are more strict and want just chem/physics. And if they don't say it, they might look down on geology or similar classes as an easy way out. Just suffer through the chem/physics to be on the safe side!

I had the same question when I was applying to schools, so I actually emailed every school on my list and asked if they would accept astronomy for the physics/chem requirement. About half of the schools said they'd take it and the other half said no. So my advice to you would be to email the schools that you're considering and see if you get lucky :)

If you do have to take either physics or chemistry, I personally found chemistry to be less challenging than physics. I had to take 7 chemistry classes and 2 physics classes when I was an undergrad and I just found chemistry to be more tolerable than physics. lol

Good luck! I definitely agree with Nala in that you should call your schools and see what they will accept.