So Yale's PhD acceptance rate isn't seriously .5% is it?

See http://www.yale.edu/graduateschool/academics/profiles2013/religiousstudies.pdf.

9 out of 211 applicants matriculated.

The only thing I can think of is they may have offered more admits than were accepted, but I have a feeling that wouldn't make the statistic much higher since, even if 18 were technically accepted, the final statistic would be something like 1%. It's just surprising when you compare it to places like Duke (7%). Some one please tell me I'm wrong.

Yeah I think Duke and Harvard were around the same (7%) last year? I think it's about the same this year, eh?

Yale has always been a harder cookie to crack, I think. Pretty much everyone just applies to RS. Yale won't even let you apply to both RS and NELC (and the latter does not even do HB anymore!). Harvard, on the other hand, has Div, Religion, and NELC, all overlapping substantially. 

Haha sorry for that stupid error, forgot to move the decimal two spaces. Still quite the mountain to climb! A lot more hopeful though.

It's all gravy. My GRE quant was also awful.  :D

Haha, looks like mine might be as well. At least I didn't do this on the GRE though!