NOT EVEN ONE ACCEPTANCE YET? LETS VENT HERE!!

Does anyone happen to know how Gallaudet does their letters? Been rejected from 6, wait listed at one and waiting on Gallaudet. It seems they sent out their acceptances, then rejections and now... La la land?? So confused if they send them out in waves now or what, but I'm hoping for some good news, very soon! Good luck to everyone! This process is too stressful

Yes, the whole process is quite mind boggling! 

Good Luck to you

what a great positive attitude to have! do you mind sharing what your plan B is? I don't have a plan B right now..and I am trying to gather ideas..

I've been accepted to Texas Tech for their online ABA graduate certificate, and am going to look for a job in ABA. With the courses and the hours I log as a therapist, in a year I should be able to get my BCaBA certification! (If I don't get into either of my last two schools) I figure it will look good to schools in the future that I have work related experience, have shown I can be successful at the graduate level, and passed a certification test for ABA. I will probably also retake the GRE since my GPA is nothing to look at, and my existing scores are pretty average.

I've been accepted to Texas Tech for their online ABA graduate certificate, and am going to look for a job in ABA. With the courses and the hours I log as a therapist, in a year I should be able to get my BCaBA certification! (If I don't get into either of my last two schools) I figure it will look good to schools in the future that I have work related experience, have shown I can be successful at the graduate level, and passed a certification test for ABA. I will probably also retake the GRE since my GPA is nothing to look at, and my existing scores are pretty average.

That sounds like a pretty solid plan! 

I have applied for 4 schools. I have an admission in one of them but the i dont like their program coz the third part doesnt accept the field so I can not accept it. another school send me a rejection yesterday, Its bad feeling coz its make me frightened & still thinking about the two other schools. I have funding from a local university in my country but its valid untill the end of may. i can not stop thinking about that. I dont know where is the weak points in my application.. or the universities I applied have a high standards (Florida State University, U. of Missouri - Columbia, U. of Kansas) any one have an idea about them?

I have applied for 4 schools. I have an admission in one of them but the i dont like their program coz the third part doesnt accept the field so I can not accept it. another school send me a rejection yesterday, Its bad feeling coz its make me frightened & still thinking about the two other schools. I have funding from a local university in my country but its valid untill the end of may. i can not stop thinking about that. I dont know where is the weak points in my application.. or the universities I applied have a high standards (Florida State University, U. of Missouri - Columbia, U. of Kansas) any one have an idea about them?

I am not sure I follow you. Why don't you like the program you was admitted?

Columbia is Ivy League. I would imagine they have high standards.

Edited by Arcanelady27

I am not sure I follow you. Why don't you like the program you was admitted?

Columbia is Ivy League. I would imagine they have high standards.

its university of missouri- columbia not uni. of Columbia .. i have applied to the first school coz it doesnt need GRE before i had the test

its university of missouri- columbia not uni. of Columbia .. i have applied to the first school coz it doesnt need GRE before i had the test

It really isn't clear why you do not like the school you received an acceptance. Did you just apply because no GRE was needed? If so, that does not make it clear why you don't like the school.

It really isn't clear why you do not like the school you received an acceptance. Did you just apply because no GRE was needed? If so, that does not make it clear why you don't like the school.

Thank you .. the reason is the third party which is offered me funding (local university in my country) require specific fields.. the school I was accepted in doesn't offer these fields .. I'm new in the forum I have just noticed that I do a mistake.. my major is economics not speech language pathology so sorry for that.. but the subject is very important & sensitive for alot of us.. any way I'm waiting now the last two school decisions .. honestly I dreamed of the admission *_*

Does anyone know if North Carolina Central has filled their cohort? Waiting to hear back and I haven't seen anyone post anything about their program in a long time.

Does anyone know if North Carolina Central has filled their cohort? Waiting to hear back and I haven't seen anyone post anything about their program in a long time.

I received an email saying I was waitlisted at North Carolina Central in early March.  I called on Monday to see if they had made any decision and they told me that they are still looking at applications of those on the wait list and will have decisions "soon", so I assume that means they have not filled all their spots yet. 

I received an email saying I was waitlisted at North Carolina Central in early March. I called on Monday to see if they had made any decision and they told me that they are still looking at applications of those on the wait list and will have decisions "soon", so I assume that means they have not filled all their spots yet.

Thanks for the reply! Good to hear that they are still making some decisions, and good to hear anything at all honestly! Thanks so much and good luck!

Also, I contacted western carolina, and they said their second round acceptance candidates have 10 days to decide, and then they will start to make decisions for the remainder of applicants.

not one acceptance yet!

I hope Florida is the lucky one!

My plan B as of now is to retake the GRE and possibly a new job.

I am in the same boat. I am still waiting and still feeling optimistic I will get into the final school I am waiting on...

My Plan B is to retake the GRE. I will have to also rewrite my SOP. 

I knew it was going to be hard to get into schools, I just didn't think it was going to be THIS competitive!  I guess next time I apply I will look more at the less competitive schools and retake my GREs.  I have a 3.6 GPA and 3.4 in CSD, but does anyone know anything about taking classes at the graduate level to boost your GPA?  Can you even do that?  I was also thinking of trying to get an SLPA position and do a lot of volunteer work.  Is anyone from MA and know of any good places to volunteer?

I knew it was going to be hard to get into schools, I just didn't think it was going to be THIS competitive!  I guess next time I apply I will look more at the less competitive schools and retake my GREs.  I have a 3.6 GPA and 3.4 in CSD, but does anyone know anything about taking classes at the graduate level to boost your GPA?  Can you even do that?  I was also thinking of trying to get an SLPA position and do a lot of volunteer work.  Is anyone from MA and know of any good places to volunteer

Not many schools will let you take classes on grad level without being accepted. There are a few schools, not many. Those courses would not go to your undegrad GPA