E-mailing Admissions Directors?

AKCarlton

I know I'm jumping the gun here because people are starting to receive word in abundance now, however, my question is: can/should I email the admissions director and ask if their letters/emails are being sent out?

I've perused some of the forums here and results search section and have seen a couple people hear back from programs I've applied to and I have yet to receive word.

Oddly, one of the people who got accepted to one of the programs I applied to heard back in early February, and yet, I received an email from the admissions director in late February (24th) inquiring about potentially misplacing my GRE scores and noting "We hope to make decisions in the next week or two" ...

But I haven't heard or received anything since then?

What is the protocol on this...when you know ppl are hearing back but you haven't? Then again, I haven't seen much of anything else from any of the programs I've applied to thus far.

This is my first time applying to grad school so bear with me here. I appreciate any words of wisdom and advice!

I think it is TOTALLY acceptable to contact,even over phone and ask what the status is. If you want, you can ask first "have all decisions been made' and if they say yes, then you can ask about what happened to your application

This is my first time applying also, but I think that it is generally acceptable to start inquiring starting this week if not next week. For most of my programs I have to accept or decline admission by April 15th, So I have started emailing all the programs I haven't heard from. On a side note I went to NAU also, I graduated with a BS in Electrical Engineering last December!!

This is good to hear because I just emailed one of them and received an automatic email saying he was away until Wednesday...le sigh.

I'll go ahead and attempt contact with the others.

Congrats Justin! I received my first degree in journalism from ASU...I refuse to go to Tucson haha...love it up here in the woods! We're really expanding right now, but as most say about NAU...when is not under construction!?

Update: Spoke with one of the youngins in the department at West Florida and she let me know that they are still making decisions...sheesh!

Emailed the other three. Keep you all posted.

Full of hippies and other interesting folk! I'm a Phoenix native...last winter was the first time I ever saw snow falling from the sky ... Not going to lie though...ready to move onto the next adventure. When did you graduate? What was your favorite class? Professor?

Flagstaff is not the town for you if you don't like snow that's for sure. My favorite class was biological anthropology with dr. Taylor who was my favorite prof. My advisor was dr. Antes. I loved all the Indian ruins within a 30 minute drive and if you went in the back entrance you didn't have to pay. I was involved the anthropology club as secretary. We did some cool things.