Monmouth University

Mine also says to call for additional info. I hope the additional info is good, not like we have 100 ppl on the wait list! I wonder why some ppl don't have a status. Maybe still in the running? Why can't they just tell us all at once! I bet it is going to be so hard to get through on Monday.

I really thought Monmouth would be easier to get into since it's a new program, but that goes to show you can't predict the admissions process. I'm really curious as well about how many they've accepted and waitlisted. Stephanie, maybe when we call we'll be told where we are on the waitlist? I'm also still waiting for a letter in the mail.

Thought so too! Or that at least they take more people... But I guess not. I'm also waiting for a letter in the mail. They seemed consistent with postal service when letting us know what they received and etc... So I thought they'd be sending it through mail as well.

I thought it would be easier also! I know Sacred Heart is a new program and I was told to apply there because it might easier, and it does seem like they accepted the average student. But, oh well NJ is just so competitive! Lisa, I really hope they let us know where we are on the wait list! I think they will :) it can't be too long because they only accepted 26 students.

I can't remember the name of the last person who responded (sorry I'm on my phone!) but I agree, I thought we would definitely receive a letter. They kept us informed all last year with letters or nice emails. It would be nice to see the decision formally.

Just want to share that although being wait listed is better than a rejection, I was crushed when I found out. I literally researched jobs that I would be interested in last night and it just made it worse because this is my dream. Ugh I woke up dreaming that maybe they only did first round and waitlisted potentials. Lol I wish.

Nearly all the NJ schools seem to be in this same frustrating, lethargic timeline for admissions notifications.  

I am hoping its because they're trying to figure out how to accommodate more students than in year's past.

My own expectations are that we'll hear more frequent news from all of them in early April... at best.

Just a gut feel about this coming week being somewhat slow as well.  I hope I am wrong.

Nearly all the NJ schools seem to be in this same frustrating, lethargic timeline for admissions notifications.  

I am hoping its because they're trying to figure out how to accommodate more students than in year's past.

My own expectations are that we'll hear more frequent news from all of them in early April... at best.

Just a gut feel about this coming week being somewhat slow as well.  I hope I am wrong.

I also hope they are trying to figure this out! SLP's are needed everywhere, they should just let us in :) I hope this week isn't slow, my hope is slowly burning out. 

Lisa, I didn't realize you got into NYU and MGH! That is awesome. I was rejected from both of those programs lol so it definitely goes to show that you cant predict this process! 

Thanks :) it really is quite unpredictable. I hope you hear good news soon!

Hi guys,

I know that the program at Monmouth is for a Masters of Arts in Education in Speech Language Pathology. Is there a difference between that and the more typical MA in SLP?

Hi guys,

I know that the program at Monmouth is for a Masters of Arts in Education in Speech Language Pathology. Is there a difference between that and the more typical MA in SLP?

It's actually a Master of Sciences in Education (MSEd), which is no different from a typical masters degree! Just as MA and MS degrees are considered valid for speech pathologists, so is a MSEd degree.

Got a call back regarding waitlist info. She was very nice and said that currently the waitlist has no ranking. As soon as accepted students make decisions and ppl drop off waitlist, around April 11, they will start calling ppl again. I missed the call but the message was informative and kind. Hope....

I'm so curious to know if they've accepted everyone that they are going to accept...at least for the time being. I still don't know their decision about me...so nervous!

• 1 month later...