Religion & Psychology Graduate Programs

Ceci

Hi!

I am currently researching religion and psychology graduate programs.  Would you please list any that you know of?  I must note that I am more interested in eastern religions and psychology rather than only Christianity and psychology.  

Thank you very much for your assistance!

Hi!

I am currently researching religion and psychology graduate programs.  Would you please list any that you know of?  I must note that I am more interested in eastern religions and psychology rather than only Christianity and psychology.  

Thank you very much for your assistance!

It's not exactly a "psychology and religion" program per se, but I stumbled across Ball State's Counseling Psychology program (PhD and masters) and they have a few professors looking at eastern religion and mental health. It might not be exactly what you're looking for, but I encourage you to check out their program. It seems legit. :)

I'm very interested in the intersection of psychology and religion! I recently got accepted to a social psychology program with a mentor who is currently studying just that. Are you looking for more of a social psychology program, or a clinical/counseling psychology program?

if you're thinking more like psychology of religion, I know that Ara Norenzayan (UBC) and Azim Shariff (University of Oregon) did some amazing work. They are both social psychologist. If you're more interested in the developmental aspect of it, try UT Austin (Kristin Legare). 

Guest joshw4288

I suggest you take a look at Baylor University--Wade Rowatt produces a great amount of work in the psychology of religion. 

I'm very interested in the intersection of psychology and religion! I recently got accepted to a social psychology program with a mentor who is currently studying just that. Are you looking for more of a social psychology program, or a clinical/counseling psychology program?

That's great! Congrats!! I am interested in both actually.  

• 3 weeks later...

Paul Bloom at Yale as well.

Thank you!  Unfortunately, I think Yale is a bit out of my reach. :)  Along with Vanderbilt and Rice.

• 2 weeks later...