TOO EXCITED TO WAIT

Starsandsound

Got accepted and sent back signed paperwork etc! Now it's just waiting and I don't want to! Ha. I just want to know about housing and classes and the rest of my corhort! I mean, I know I should just enjoy my summer since it's the last bout of semi free time I'll have in a while, but it's really difficult.

I also feel like I need to bulk up my portfolio. Looking for residencies etc. I still have to move out of my apt and tie up some loose ends. How's everyone else doing with the wait?

Make small goals for the time period between now and your move. If there's anything in your hometown that you've always wanted to do and haven't done, take time to do it. If there's a book you've always wanted to read, read it, because this might be your last chance for recreational reading for a while. If you don't have time to go on a big summer vacation, go on day trips or hikes or camping, just to relax and revel in not having anything else you need to do yet. If you absolutely can't get grad school out of your head, reread some of the most important books in your field, or email your advisor asking if they have any recommendations that you haven't read yet. Look over your department's requirements and map out a tentative plan for the next couple of years (when to take which types of courses, when to start major research, etc.). Even if it all changes later, you'll still feel like you're one step closer to your dream ;)