Narrowing It Down!

CHERRY!

Hello!

I'm really trying to narrow down my list of colleges to a solid 4-5! I'm looking for Graduate Programs that are practitioner-based rather than research-based. I've listed the colleges that I'm interested in below! Please feel free to offer any suggestions about these programs and/or any other practitioner-based programs! Thank you!

*Indiana State University

*Ohio State University

*IUP

*Florida State University

*University of Maryland-College Park

*Colorado State University

*Syracuse University

Practitioner-based in what?  Your sidebar says higher education and student affairs; is that the field you plan to enter?

Also, currently you have 7 programs.  Is there any particular reason that you are narrowing it down to 4-5?

Practitioner-based in what?  Your sidebar says higher education and student affairs; is that the field you plan to enter?

Also, currently you have 7 programs.  Is there any particular reason that you are narrowing it down to 4-5?

Sorry! Practitioner-based in in Higher Education/Student Affairs! I was advised that applying to too many programs could be costly because of application fees. 

If you can afford to apply to all 7 programs I would do it. In the end, you could save yourself thousands of dollars of extra money depending upon the funding opportunities you receive. You won't really know for sure what each school would offer you unless you actually apply and see what happens. Good luck!

I applied to 7 programs as well (you should have seen the list before I narrowed it down). It was expensive, but totally worth it - in the end, my options were narrowed down by the schools and visits to those that accepted me. And I wasn't left with the feeling that I could have gotten into programs that I ruled out earlier on. And most of these are public Universities, so the fees shouldn't be so bad (I'm still regretting having paid Harvard's $100 fee more than once, but then again, you never really know your chances of winning unless you play the game).

You could contact the programs to see about getting the fee waived if you're low income.

I agree. And you can ask about less common fee waivers. The fee for one of my applications was waived because I was a Peace Corps volunteer.