Fall 2015 Applicants

I had that problem with Brown, but when I called the admissions office they said that it just takes the system a little while to update and not to re-send my scores.  Maybe that's the problem with Penn?

I had that problem with Brown, but when I called the admissions office they said that it just takes the system a little while to update and not to re-send my scores.  Maybe that's the problem with Penn?

Nah, they said they had my scores, but that the system is having trouble matching them (in general, not just me), so I should just keep monitoring my status page. NOT HELPFUL.

Hello,

I am awaiting news about my first application to UNC Chapel Hill. I am hoping for acceptance into the medical anthropology sub-section of the cultural program. Anybody else applied to this school? Also, I am an older student who is married with kids. Anyone else with famillies?

Hello,

I am awaiting news about my first application to UNC Chapel Hill. I am hoping for acceptance into the medical anthropology sub-section of the cultural program. Anybody else applied to this school? Also, I am an older student who is married with kids. Anyone else with famillies?

I'm not married but I've been with my partner for 13 years! And we don't have kids but y'know...cats. What is your housing strategy? I'm actually planning to buy a house if I get in anywhere. I want to move ONCE and then not again for seven to ten years!

I didn't apply to UNC but I have a friend in the Anthro program there, and another friend who is a recent graduate, and they both absolutely love the program. Good luck!!

Faultypowers,

We would be renting a house most likely.There is no doubt that it will be quite a transition as my daughter is special needs. That being said,UNC is full of resources.

Here is to hoping!

Thanks Daisy123,

I am also applying to UConn and the University of Kentucky. My focus is medical and psychiatric anthropology. Having returned to undergraduate studies after many years out in the world, I have found myself without any real cohort in the anthro program I will graduate from this spring.. As such, this attempted venture into doctoral studies is quite ominous and exciting!

If the deadline for applications was December 2nd at UNC, am I looking at an early February result from the committee? I am new to this, and like others I am feeling the anxiety and impatient compulsion take hold.

moldy - no idea when acceptances will come out for unc this year, but I checked out the results section on gradcafe and it seems that the earliest decision last year was made late jan/early feb, but there were also some acceptances that didn't come until much later in march. Sorry I couldn't be more helpful...I've been refreshing my email like crazy

It can be tough to get an accurate idea of when acceptances will come just based off of the results search.  I've done this for the programs I'm applying to and some years notifications come the first week of February, and some years people don't hear back until the end of March.  It really seems to vary from year to year.  Plus, not everyone who hears back is posting their results on grad cafe unfortunately.  There doesn't seem to be a way to get a truly accurate idea of when a program will start sending out acceptances/rejections.

Penn still has my application as 'incomplete' because of missing GRE scores, despite admissions saying they had them and matching was not working...that was on 12/19! I followed up this morning because the app manager now has a note that says "receipt of test scores should now be reflected in your application status."

UGH

ETA: Admin got back to say it was fine and still a technical issue, but departments are aware and status won't interfere with review.

:wacko:

Edited by NOWAYNOHOW

Penn still has my application as 'incomplete' because of missing GRE scores, despite admissions saying they had them and matching was not working...that was on 12/19! I followed up this morning because the app manager now has a note that says "receipt of test scores should now be reflected in your application status."

UGH

Bummer dude. 

I'm still missing a LOR for WUSTL.  It's 4 days late now.  Them are breaks. I'm sure it will materialize sometime this week.  Hopefully today.  It's out of my hands and there isnt much I can do other than worry or not worry.  I'm going with not worry.  I wonder who is going to be the 1st to hear back on GC?

My wife just gave birth to twin girls and so I have been a bit distracted, but when oh when will it begin?

Congrats. I wish I was more distracted.  My job ended so I'm currently unemployed which means I have tons of time and energy to obsess, obsess, obsess...

Congrats. I wish I was more distracted.  My job ended so I'm currently unemployed which means I have tons of time and energy to obsess, obsess, obsess...

Thanks! I am just returning to fieldwork for my undergrad thesis after a couple weeks, due to the babies. That, combined with the lack of sleep I am experiencing is making for an interesting time all around.