Fall 2015 I/O Applicants

kaswing

Yea I got that letter from George Mason. It was kind of annoying how the first part was a re-rejection. I almost didn't finish reading it. I got a snail mail rejection from Kansas State University on fancy 25% Royal Cotton paper, or I think that's what the fancy hidden watermark said. I'm not big on the environment but I was annoyed by the wast of paper. It's even worse that it's fancy paper, like a consolation prize for the money I paid on the application.

Random question: I am currently waiting to hear back from 7 more schools, but I do have 3 job offers currently on the table for after graduation. How much longer should I expect to wait to hear from graduate schools? I don't want to miss out on a awesome opportunity at a company if it's likely that I will be receiving rejections (I've heard back from 2 schools and they are both rejections). What do y'all think?

How likely is it to get an offer off the wait list? How often does this happen? I looked through some past threads but only found minimal information. I'm trying to keep my expectations realistic.

Random question: I am currently waiting to hear back from 7 more schools, but I do have 3 job offers currently on the table for after graduation. How much longer should I expect to wait to hear from graduate schools? I don't want to miss out on a awesome opportunity at a company if it's likely that I will be receiving rejections (I've heard back from 2 schools and they are both rejections). What do y'all think?

Would you pass up the jobs if any of the aforementioned programs admits you? If so I would give it at least two more weeks if you have several that were submitted in January. If these programs are December deadlines, I might consider contacting someone as it is likely you're on a waitlist and/or rejected but without any notification. If your job offers are willing to hold that for you until you can decide then that is the best case scenario. April 15th is the hard deadline for decisions so you're guaranteed to find out by then.

Anyone hear from Rice? I received an email that the Prospective Students' Weekend is March 12-14 so I'm assuming that they've sent out their offers by now.  PM me if you're going!

I called them on Monday morning to ask if all acceptances/contacting of applicants had gone out for I/O, and the graduate secretary said they were still in the "middle of it all" and made it sound like it was not done by a long shot. Anyone who knows anything differently regarding Rice, please feel free to tell me or PM me. :)

Would you pass up the jobs if any of the aforementioned programs admits you? If so I would give it at least two more weeks if you have several that were submitted in January. If these programs are December deadlines, I might consider contacting someone as it is likely you're on a waitlist and/or rejected but without any notification. If your job offers are willing to hold that for you until you can decide then that is the best case scenario. April 15th is the hard deadline for decisions so you're guaranteed to find out by then.

I would pass up the jobs if I got into a program, but I also want to make sure that I have something to do after graduation.

I would pass up the jobs if I got into a program, but I also want to make sure that I have something to do after graduation.

I would accept the job offer and then quit if you end up hearing from a program that you want to go to (you could work up until August so that still gives you almost 6 months) 

Hey everyone, this is my first post.  I just wanted to throw an update out to you guys.  I have declined offers to both Central Michigan and Auburn.  If you are on the wait list this should be good news and hopefully I was able to open up a slot for you!

Hey everyone, this is my first post.  I just wanted to throw an update out to you guys.  I have declined offers to both Central Michigan and Auburn.  If you are on the wait list this should be good news and hopefully I was able to open up a slot for you!

Good news for the rest of us haha. Did you accept an offer elsewhere?

Was anyone here offered a position at Wright State?

I appreciate the ease of an online application, but I wish they would use them on the decisions end to. I see people saying they are finding their decisions online, but even schools I have been rejected from only show the application fee paid as the last interaction. The only outstanding application with anything is University of Minnesota, which says Final Review.

I appreciate the ease of an online application, but I wish they would use them on the decisions end to. I see people saying they are finding their decisions online, but even schools I have been rejected from only show the application fee paid as the last interaction. The only outstanding application with anything is University of Minnesota, which says Final Review.

Just to let y'all know I was noticed by University at Albany, SUNY that I've been waitlisted and their I/O phd program only seeks two students this year. Since I've already accepted an offer from another I/O doctoral program. I told them to withdraw me from the waitlist. 

Hope this information will help someone!

I also got the waitlist email from Albany with the same information. I will probably stay on the list for now but depending on how my visits go for the next few weeks I may give up that spot, along with UCF's waitlist if anyone else is on there.

I also got the waitlist email from Albany with the same information. I will probably stay on the list for now but depending on how my visits go for the next few weeks I may give up that spot, along with UCF's waitlist if anyone else is on there.

I know that UCF is seeking four students this year. Wish you good luck!!

You are welcome!

I did not apply BGSU. It's way above my reach!

Oh Okay. I see I misread your post, I thought you got accepted to BGSU but you were congratulating someone else.