Fall 2015 I/O Applicants

kaswing

Congrats on U of Tulsa! If Clinical invites go out at the same time as I/O, Central Michigan invites went out in mid Jan for an open house next week. Sorry :( hoping for you that they go separately.

Yes, but also the deadlines are (most likely) different

Congrats on U of Tulsa! If Clinical invites go out at the same time as I/O, Central Michigan invites went out in mid Jan for an open house next week. Sorry :( hoping for you that they go separately.

Just to clarify, the invites for the clinical department are separate from the invites for I/O. I was told by a current student that they haven't extended invites yet. Judging based on the results from last year, they won't extend offers until later this week or next week.

Just to clarify, the invites for the clinical department are separate from the invites for I/O. I was told by a current student that they haven't extended invites yet. Judging based on the results from last year, they won't extend offers until later this week or next week.

This is good to hear. Although I am most likely going to my top choice school, if I received an acceptance from CMU, that would definitely throw a wrench into an otherwise easy decision process.

Same here! I'm accepting their invite to the open house. Might see you there!

I just emailed Robin, and she said that we will get more info on the open house soon. It all depends on how my recruitment weekend with Bowling Green goes! 

Congrats to everyone on your interviews/acceptances! I've been invited to Portland State's Visit Day on March 6th and was wondering if there were any others on here that are going to be attending?

Also, I was wondering if anyone had any insight into the difference between being invited to a Visit Day vs. an Interview Day. As far as I know, there won't be any formal interviews during the Visit Day at Portland State, so I'm wondering if that means I am closer to receiving an offer than if it was an Interview Day, or if maybe some schools just use different terminology?

Congrats to everyone on your interviews/acceptances! I've been invited to Portland State's Visit Day on March 6th and was wondering if there were any others on here that are going to be attending?

Also, I was wondering if anyone had any insight into the difference between being invited to a Visit Day vs. an Interview Day. As far as I know, there won't be any formal interviews during the Visit Day at Portland State, so I'm wondering if that means I am closer to receiving an offer than if it was an Interview Day, or if maybe some schools just use different terminology?

Congrats! I think it really just depends on the school. I had one school inform me their weekend was a "very important part of the admissions process" but if you've interviewed over the phone then the potential population of applicants was reduced to only a few students getting invited to the school. Thus, I think a "Visit Day" implies that you're just there to become more familiar with the faculty, the program, and they can learn more about you.

Congrats! I am also attending PSU's Visit Day! I think the visit day helps you get a sense of who you could potentially be collaborating with in terms of faculty and grad students, and overall just to see how well you fit in with the people as well as to learn more about the program. I was told by my POI that they typically only extend formal offers after the visit day just so that everyone gets a chance to meet and both sides can determine whether the environment is the right fit or not.

Congrats to those who have been invited to Portland State's  Visit Day!! I haven't heard anything from PSU. So I assume I have already been rejected by PSU silently.

In addition, I also haven't heard anything back from North Carolina State U, A&M, U of Oklahoma when there are someone posting infomation about those schools. Now I just presume I get rejected by all those schools. SAD...

For those of you who don't know (I just found out about this), check out this link: http://www.thegradcafe.com/survey/index.php?q=Industrial%2FOrganizational+Psychology&t=a&o=&p=1

It's a survey for people to enter in when/where they've received news from a school. I wouldn't let it upset you, because I think some people just find out earlier/later than others and there may be no rhyme or reason for it. But it is nice to get an idea of what's going on. 

And lilypeng, if you check out the list, you'll notice that nobody has been officially accepted to Oklahoma yet (me either, I just realized...I guess I was just offered acceptance and I might have thrown it away because I told them I'm probably going somewhere else). 

For those of you who don't know (I just found out about this), check out this link: http://www.thegradcafe.com/survey/index.php?q=Industrial%2FOrganizational+Psychology&t=a&o=&p=1

It's a survey for people to enter in when/where they've received news from a school. I wouldn't let it upset you, because I think some people just find out earlier/later than others and there may be no rhyme or reason for it. But it is nice to get an idea of what's going on. 

And lilypeng, if you check out the list, you'll notice that nobody has been officially accepted to Oklahoma yet (me either, I just realized...I guess I was just offered acceptance and I might have thrown it away because I told them I'm probably going somewhere else). 

Yes, I'm sure they expect some rejections from the students, so they'll likely add their second choices to a wait list. 

Now if I could just stop checking my e-mail obsessively...

Central Michigan just sent me their decision.

I mean they literally just sent it out (10 minutes ago).

Congrats!!

I got my acceptance email yesterday too :D

Also received an acceptance email from Central Florida.

Needless to say I celebrated yesterday.

Congrats!!

I got my acceptance email yesterday too :D

Also received an acceptance email from Central Florida.

Needless to say I celebrated yesterday.

Congrats! That's awesome. Might see you at CMU's visitation day, if you go.